Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2004, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Is it just me or is PP getting tougher...

Sweeeeeet!

Can you confirm if there's a gun on the cover?
Old 06-09-2004, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it looks like it will be available slightly earlier than planned, so watch out... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, I need this one quick.

I had such a good run in my first couple of months of playing, then around the end of March I started trying to get more aggressive post-flop and tightening up my starting hands (from 22% VPIP to ~16%), because I thought that's what your supposed to do. This really killed my win rate. I constantly found myself putting in lots of money with top pair, good kicker vs 3-4 opponents on various draws, and I was winning a lot of small pots and almost none of the big ones. No I have to try to figure out what I was doing right before and how to go back.

I considered whether the sites could be getting tougher, but really had to reject that idea after looking at my opponent's play.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:01 AM

HELL Yes. All poker is getting tougher. The fish are being berated into learning there is more to poker than they first thought. Every day some moron calls a fish, or several fish a moron. Sooner or later they are going to learn how to play well just to spite that moron. All beraters are responsible for making PP and all poker more difficult.

If they pay the toll (Make a bad call) and get lucky, who cares? It's gonna catch up to them and they are gonna keep on reloading, unless idiot, berater, morons shame them into leaving the pond. If this describes you, your fishing license should be revoked immediately.

P 25:8
Old 06-10-2004, 12:49 AM

EXCELLENT post proverb.

Your wisdom and style have prompted me to create an account here. You are one smart cookie.

-Papa
Old 06-10-2004, 09:10 AM

Of the three you mentioned I have only played Aztec, but only for a short while (whore). The games were fine, but the action at party coupled with the fast pace and ease of multi tabling keep me there when not chasing a bonus
Old 06-10-2004, 12:47 PM

Tim, you just set off one of those "lightbulbs above the head" for me! Your reply here sounds exactly like what has been happening to me on the old PP, and probably explains why I've found these new sites to be an "easier" game. On one of the new sites, I realized that the limit ring game was really tight, so I loosened it up and played more hands PF and it was paying off. On the party... over time I've tightened up to try to outplay the opponents, and now constantly get outdrawn by poor plays just as you were saying. Thanks for the eye-opener and you are right, it appears we both need to re-evaluate what made us winning players there in the first place..... OK Ed we're waiting! (looking forward to the book)

-Mack
Old 06-10-2004, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tim, you just set off one of those "lightbulbs above the head" for me!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have not already done so, go to the Books and Software forum and read all of the threads that Ed has posted to. There are some good teasers there. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2004, 02:31 PM

Thanks, will do!