Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 06:13 PM

Default A questionable hand with DanDruff and another young player

Bellagio 80/160 full table. I destroyed dandruff at the 3 handed game (better than avg cards and good play) and I'm continuing to run/play well at the full table. He's running like horseshit and is down maybe 2.5 racks in an hour or 2 at this point. He's noticibly frustrated. The other villain is a 23ish year old kid who thinks he plays well. He has a very "inside the box" view of the game. He also limps a lot more than others. He open limped in the CO with KJo last orbit. His post-flop play is reasonable. A little more aggressive than most 80/160 players but not quite as much as the top players. I'm pretty sure at this point he thinks I'm solid.

Dandruff raises in the high-jack, young guy calls, I call with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button. bad player in bb calls.

Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

bb checks, dandruff bets, kid calls, I call, bb folds.

Turn J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Dandruf checks, kid bets, I raise (intending to put 0 more money in the pot) Thoughts?
Old 09-26-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: A questionable hand with DanDruff and another young player

flop call seems pretty light to me.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:21 PM

I don't like flop call personally. Have no clean outs and could easily be drawing to runners. Since you did see the turn, i like the raise
Old 09-26-2005, 06:24 PM

I like it. I think the kids most likely hands are 66-99. You could be behind QJs or AJs, but I think you are good vs. his likely range and the raise makes sure Druff folds something like AQ.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:28 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

you're getting 8.5-1 on the flop overcalling. how does this amount to a call?
Old 09-26-2005, 06:35 PM

I think too many things have to fall perfectly into place in order to make this flop call a profitable one.

Dan not having a K or nice pair (completely likely, so that's ok) PLUS the kid cold calling with the intention of making some sort of play on the turn with a hand he'll release (or that's worse than jacks or tens) PLUS you hit something nice on the turn like a backdoor draw.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:42 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
I think too many things have to fall perfectly into place in order to make this flop call a profitable one.

Dan not having a K or nice pair (completely likely, so that's ok) PLUS the kid cold calling with the intention of making some sort of play on the turn with a hand he'll release (or that's worse than jacks or tens) PLUS you hit something nice on the turn like a backdoor draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, and even if neither of them ahve something good, they could still have AJ, KJ, QJ, AT, KT, QT
Old 09-26-2005, 08:01 PM

I would fold pre-flop.
I would fold the flop.
I would not outplay me.

I would fold in the sea.
I would fold on the land.
I would not play this hand.

-f
Old 09-26-2005, 08:13 PM

Very good turn play but I too don't get the flop play unless you felt that Dandruff (because of his then mindset) would checkfold the turn if he did not yet have a pair.

Most guys at this level have good follow through on the turn particularly when the flop is benign. Nevertheless, I can't imagine that you called the flop with a view to raising Druff even if you missed.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:10 PM

would dan bet QQ here on the turn? cuz if you got him to laydown QQ or TT that would be awesome.

preflop is fine, flop is meh, i love the turn.

this is also a hand where i would want dan to post his thoughts. seeing as he's really insecure, i'm sure he's already looked at this post