Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Does absolute freeze up after a couple hours for anyone else?

when i play for right around two hours its fine, but whenever i get to around two and a half hours the tables freeze up all of a sudden and wont respond. does this happen to anyone else? and why does it do this?
Old 09-03-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Does absolute freeze up after a couple hours for anyone else?

yes, you can three table for about 2.75 hours, then it is time to exit and restart your computer. The server needs a break form all the raising you are doing. I know it is hard to be as lucky as you and I both are!!
Old 09-03-2005, 04:27 PM

Default absolute is bs

fukin freezes on me all the time, annoys the hell out of me, but im still dumb enough to play there
Old 09-03-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: absolute is bs

who would not put up with it, Rakeback and Reloads......LOVE ABSOLUTE CRAPY SOFTWARE
Old 09-03-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fukin freezes on me all the time, annoys the hell out of me, but im not dumb enough to play there anymore

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-03-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

who would not put up with it

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't.

For those who don't know...there was a thread a few months ago (May I believe) that I started titled 'absolute is buying me a new computer'.

I had responded to so many of these 'absolute's software is not good' type threads on 2+2 that Absolute contacted me (taking mostly a guess as to what my absolute handle and e-mail address were..but they guessed correctly).

They wanted to find out why the software wasn't working very well on my computer. They had read my criticisms and wanted to work with me to get to the bottom of it. They paid me a small fee just to share my observations with them.
I was arranged to talk with their tech-guy on the phone (very professional and polite).. He had me open the software and then open a table..and then read the CPU readings and describe what was happening, etc.

A month or so later they still couldn't reproduce the problem in their tech-labs. So they offered to buy me a new computer if I would send them mine which I did of course.

I shipped them my Inspiron 5100 (I believe..it was 1400x1050 res) and was able to purchase an Inspiron 9100 (1900x1200) with about the amount of money I had paid for my old laptop over a year earlier.

The absolute software runs a LITTLE bit better on my brand new computer. But I could still notice a difference just by opening one table there (that is more noticeable than opening 6-8 tables of Party or Stars or UB).

So I can safely say they ARE working on it.
but I don't think they are fully figuring out what the problem is.

If they DO somehow straighten-out their software I would be happy to play there again.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:47 PM

Mine freezes like clockwork.

I'm still pissed that I took 20 minutes to write a detailed email about all the problems I was having, and never got a response?

The waiting lists and annoying popups will drive anyone crazy. Why if someone gets disconnected, do you have to click on a popup? Great idea boys [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] .

Absolute=Hell.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:04 PM

I told Absolute months ago what the problem likely was as I have run into resource hogs of my own. They are not predictable, but you can insert forced garbage collections into your code to free up resources that are no longer used. Don't ask me why it works this way, but it does. Having done a lot of Window's and .NET programming, my perception, if I was debugging my own process, is that their software fails to release resources after it is done with them and instead of re-using old ones, it makes new ones when it needs a simlar resource later. Eventually, the application eats up all your available memory. This causes it to page swap to any virtual drive you have set up which drasticly reduces the performance of the whole computer. If you want to see for yourself, open up your task manager, click on the processes tab and make sure you have the Mem Usage column visible. As you play at Absolute you will see the mem usage increase. When you no longer have enough pysical memory to run all the apps you start page swapping. The more you page swap, the slower you get. I have found, at least on my machine, that if you shut down Absolute you may either reboot or wait about 5 minutes for Windows to purge the resources used that were not properly released by Absolute's application.

$0.02
Vern
Old 09-03-2005, 06:22 PM

3 tabling I get 2-4 hours till reboot req'd
Old 09-03-2005, 06:50 PM

I find I get 3 to 4 hours before I have to log off absolute. What bothers me is that I have 3 absolute tables open on one monitor and 4 tables of another site open on my other monitor and the other tables are fine. It is totally a absolute problem.

That being said if they fix this, let us 4 table (or more) and get a few more players I would make them my main site.