Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Re: The Cheney X

i agree, but their owners are usually conservative.

The above would lead me to believe that they're more pro-right then pro=left, but really i believe they're pro-profits.

really their politics aren't even politics they're marketing. They'll play whatever story/angle will get them viewers. Since the Nixon era the most popular angle has been anti-establisment, whoever is in office gets criticised. I don't think the mainstream media does this because they don't like whoever the president happens to be, but because people are far more likely to watch news about dishonesty and scanadal then the typically mundane reality.

The typical idea is what are you more likely to report on/watch, a car on fire or one that's not. Regardless of the porportion of cars on fire at any given time, you're gonna see a lot more of the cureently exploding on the news, then those sitting at idle.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:38 PM

Whatever the bias of TV anchors, their influence has certainly waned. At one time, of course, we got all our news from Walter Cronkite and Huntley & Brinkley. With the advent of talk radio and the internet blogosphere, what Bryan Williams or Newsweek might say or not say is of much less import than it once might have been. I still think, though, that when push comes to shove, the government can count on the mainstream media to do its bidding on the big issues.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It'll be fun to hear the whining from the right and the excuses from the left about this one.....

From Drudge :
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX MON NOV 21, 2005 21:25:35 ET XXXXX

CNN MARKS CHENEY: NETWORK FLASHES 'X' OVER VP'S FACE DURING LIVE SPEECH

**Exclusive**

At 11:04:45 AM ET Monday CNN was airing Vice President Dick Cheney's speech live from the American Enterprise Institute in Washington -- when a large black 'X' repeatedly flashed over the vice president's face!

The 'X' over Cheney's face appeared each time less than a second, creating an odd subliminal effect.

As this DRUDGE REPORT screen capture reveals, while one 'X' flashed over Cheney's face CNN ran a headline at the bottom of its screen: "CHENEY: I DO NOT BELIEVE IT IS WRONG TO CRITICIZE."

One top White House source expressed concern about what was aired over CNN.

"Is someone in Atlanta trying to tell us something?"

A CNN spokesman did not return repeated calls late Monday night.

Developing...

[/ QUOTE ]

CNN - nh.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:08 PM

I hate it when the libs pull the old "flashing X over the VP" trick. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 04:04 PM

Well, with an old fashioned paper ballot, your made an "X" in the box to vote for somebody. CNN has inside information that cheney will run for president in '08 and is sending a subliminable message to vote for him. This is a clear-cut case of conservative media bias
Old 11-22-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate it when the libs pull the old "flashing X over the VP" trick. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The "flashing X over the VP" is one of the most cherished tactics in our bag-o-tricks. I heard Ted Turner himself plans to personally oversee the super-imposing of a penis image onto the forehead of the GOP's '08 nominee. Pure diabolical genius. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because the way liberals show their bias is by flashing giant X's on top of public figures and hoping that nobody notices but that there is an enormous subliminal effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhhh.....

Haven't you noticed the extreme, overt, and obvious liberal bias of the MSM? And by that I mean, haven't you noticed all the subtle, clandestine, underhanded, and not-readily-apparent ways the MSM is biased towards liberals?
Old 11-22-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It'll be fun to hear the whining from the right and the excuses from the left about this one.....

From Drudge :
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX MON NOV 21, 2005 21:25:35 ET XXXXX

CNN MARKS CHENEY: NETWORK FLASHES 'X' OVER VP'S FACE DURING LIVE SPEECH

**Exclusive**

At 11:04:45 AM ET Monday CNN was airing Vice President Dick Cheney's speech live from the American Enterprise Institute in Washington -- when a large black 'X' repeatedly flashed over the vice president's face!

The 'X' over Cheney's face appeared each time less than a second, creating an odd subliminal effect.

As this DRUDGE REPORT screen capture reveals, while one 'X' flashed over Cheney's face CNN ran a headline at the bottom of its screen: "CHENEY: I DO NOT BELIEVE IT IS WRONG TO CRITICIZE."

One top White House source expressed concern about what was aired over CNN.

"Is someone in Atlanta trying to tell us something?"

A CNN spokesman did not return repeated calls late Monday night.

Developing...

[/ QUOTE ]

CNN - nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are other words in black under the X and in the bottom right corner - has anybody attempted to figure out what these words are?
Old 11-22-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard Ted Turner himself plans to personally oversee the super-imposing of a penis image onto the forehead of the GOP's '08 nominee. Pure diabolical genius.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wull, I herd he wuz'a gunna do it when ole Hillary wuz commin' own screen!
Old 11-22-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There are other words in black under the X and in the bottom right corner - has anybody attempted to figure out what these words are?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they say: "Cheney-X copyright 2005, subliminal liberal mind control techniques inc."