Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Commerce Huge Pot

I once got reamed here also for calling preflop in a similar situation with T-T. I still think the hand is too good to fold given the players you have described, especially the 3-bettor. The fact that you got to see the turn card for just one small bet on the flop indicates that they might all go limp on the flop, and that too argues in favor of a preflop call.

The point others have made about the chances of being against A-A are diminished when more than one opponent is still in the hand is a good one, but you might make just as much here by letting them keep betting and just calling, without the risk of being murdered if you raise with the second best hand.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:34 PM

"the hand is too good to fold"

if i had a dime for every time i heard this at the poker table id drive a nicer car than you andy.

folding is fun. folding to other people's raises and reraises is orgasmic. i so get off on it. i had the chance to correctly fold KK preflop in a limit game the other game and missed it. i was about 50% there. repeat after me: folding to other people's raises is good,

folding to other people's raises is good,
folding to other people's raises is good.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:37 PM

"The thing with TT"

the thing with TT is it is quickly demoted from very good starting hand to poo when you are facing a raise and a reraise. add in out of position and you can talk all day about set flopping equity (this is not directed at mc1023 whose analysis i like) it's spewage to call here preflop.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:28 PM

Default results

EP had AA. MP mucked.

Thanks for the replies - looks like the consensus is that I blew this preflop. Regarding the turn, it was like rory said, he just shouldn't be threebetting with less than 2pair. A turn checkraise from me should have at least frozen the guy up a little bit but it didn't.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Re: results

i still dont think a preflop call is bad, however there are good points to be made to lean toward folding,
Old 11-01-2005, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"the hand is too good to fold"

if i had a dime for every time i heard this at the poker table id drive a nicer car than you andy.

folding is fun. folding to other people's raises and reraises is orgasmic. i so get off on it. i had the chance to correctly fold KK preflop in a limit game the other game and missed it. i was about 50% there. repeat after me: folding to other people's raises is good,

folding to other people's raises is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

<Begin hijack>

I had a chance to incorrectly fold QQ preflop in a limit game the other day and TOOK it.

I would have flopped a set.

And rivered quads.

And tbh, I still don't know if my fold was good or bad.

Ask sparks.

<End hijack>