Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: I hate getting put to the test...

Thank you for the kind words. What makes this situation interesting i know i can outplay this guy postflop, but his particular style makes this a bad spot to play a hand like this, so it's very difficult to discern where the line is here. I want to give some more time before i post the rest of the hand.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is true, but i always wouldn't have ended heads up against a button raiser who plays poorly post flop with hand that probably has positive equity against his range and gotten some dead money in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

A3o plays very poorly OOP postflop against a laggy player. Your slight positive equity and hopefully dead BB money are probably not enough to make up for this. Also, you're screwed when BB wakes up with a hand.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:56 PM

I dont love the flop 3 bet here unless this guy is stealing >50% of the time.

I don't think many people will like this play, but against this type of opponent with that hand I actually check call the turn here. I want to get to showdown, but not for three BB. He will bet this turn 100% so you are not losing anything. I actually check call any river (UI) as well. This plan has worked well for me in these very specific situations (both oppoennt and hand).
Old 09-23-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Results

I felt that there was a wide range of hands he would raise here that he would raise here, including a lot of bluffs and semibluffs. If i three bet here, i am compelled the bet the river. However, if i just called here, he might bluff the river sometimes as well.

Anyway, i decided to go with the bluff 3 bet. I figured i might actually have the best hand, he could deifnitly have something like KQ, K9, J9, etc... So i three bet, and he folded. I wonder what possible hand he could fold to the three bet, it must have been an absolute stone cold bluff.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:24 PM

i 3bet this all day versus lag with a3, hes stealing with [censored] a lot of the time so this looks good
Old 09-24-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What makes this situation interesting i know i can outplay this guy postflop

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I'm not so sure about. He is aggressive and has the button. What can you really do to outplay him besides flopping a hand? And if you do flop one even a lag will be suspicious of an Ace after you 3-bet PF. I think you are the one that will end up being outplayed far more often. Look at what actually happened. Ambiguous flop and turn card, he raises you on the turn, and everyone's saying the correct play is to fold. Well, the correct play may be to fold, but there's no denying that the lag will have a worse hand than you here a significant amount of the time, even if it's not often enough to call down. Those times he does have a worse hand, it means he used his aggression and position to outplay you. I think scenarios like this are much more commonplace than you are foreseeing.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:48 PM

folds