Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-10-2005, 07:23 AM

Default 2 hands vs. tricky LAG $1bb $200NL

What do you think of my plays on these 2 hands vs. the same tricky LAG? My image is TAG.

Hand #1
Seat #5 is the dealer
Seat 5 - Button ($25.90 in chips)
Seat 6 - SB ($130.05 in chips)
Seat 7 - BB ($320.36 in chips)
Seat 8 - UTG ($130.82 in chips)
Seat 9 - VIllain ($237.30 in chips)
Seat 1 - MP1 ($94.65 in chips)
Seat 2 - MP2 ($263.25 in chips)
Seat 3 - MP3 ($184.05 in chips)
Seat 4 - Hero (CO) ($250.95 in chips)

Preflop:
Dealt to Hero [9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] UTG posts $1, Villain raises to $3, folded to Hero, Hero Calls $3, Button Folds, SB Calls $2.50, BB Folds, UTG Calls $2

*** FLOP *** ($13)[J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Checked to Hero, Hero Bets $12, SB Calls $12, Folded to Villain, Villain Raises to $50, Hero Folds, SB Folds. No Showdown.

Too tight? Would have been an easy all-in with just 100bb, but we were both much deeper here.

Hand #2
Seat #5 is the dealer
Seat 5 - Villain (button) ($94.10 in chips)
Seat 9 - Hero (UTG) ($232.90 in chips)

Preflop: Dealt to Hero [A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Hero Raises $5 to $5, folded to Villain, Villain Raises to $15, blinds fold, Hero Calls $10

*** FLOP *** (31.50) [2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Hero Checks, Villain Bets $29, Hero Raises to $80

Fold preflop? Too aggressive on the flop?
Old 12-10-2005, 07:32 AM

Default Re: 2 hands vs. tricky LAG $1bb $200NL

Why are you folding monsters and pushing A high's? Is this a joke?

You can re-raise an amount that will get called by him in hand 1, then go all-in on the turn.

Call the re-raise preflop but check/fold the flop in hand 2. He's put in half his stack with the flop bet, he's probably not going to fold after the way he's played the hand unless you know he'll do this with a lower pocket pair or AK/AQ.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:43 AM

Those hands are painful...get your money in quick with hand 1...no way I'm folding that ever. Raise him whatever he'll call, then do the rest on the turn.

On hand 2...I don't really like it, mostly because villain probably has an overpair and has already invest like 35% of his stack...
Old 12-10-2005, 10:02 AM

Hand number one has got to be a joke right?
Old 12-10-2005, 12:09 PM

hand 1:
[ QUOTE ]
Would have been an easy all-in with just 100bb, but we were both much deeper here.

[/ QUOTE ]
if this is true it means you need to buy in for 100bb and cash out if you double up because the only way this is true is if you are scared of the amounts of money. theres what 3 hands that beat you here? against a tight opponent his range for this play is way bigger than that and you have to get your chips in. (if he was tight I think you could easily put him on a 15 hand range of which you only lose to 1/5 of those hands, maybe more but i think aa and kk obvious.) against this guy his range is huge here. i pray for spots like this before i go to bed.

hand 2: I probbaly just fold pf. otherwise it seems like an easy fold on the flop.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:32 PM

Hand 1
Wow, way too tight. Especially against a lag I'm dying to get my chips into this pot.

Hand 2

I see people make this play all the time and quite frankly I don't understand it. You might be able to make an arguement for re-raising the flop if you have position but out of position I think you are throwing away money. In this specific hand villain re-raised you pre flop so it's very likely he has an overpair to this board. I would check/fold or bet out and be ready to shut down if he raises or calls.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:50 PM

You folded the winner in hand one [puke].
Old 12-10-2005, 12:52 PM

I agree with what has been said about hand 2. On hand 1, if villain can get away from an overpair, I would probably call the flop raise, and then raise all in on the turn. You cannot reraise on this flop without constructively flipping your hand face up so let villain think you can be pushed of your hand. If villain cannot get away from overpairs, then push the flop.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: 2 hands vs. tricky LAG $1bb $200NL / Results

[ QUOTE ]
On hand 1, if villain can get away from an overpair, I would probably call the flop raise, and then raise all in on the turn. You cannot reraise on this flop without constructively flipping your hand face up so let villain think you can be pushed of your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line the best. Sounds like pushing middle set is the norm - I've been playing Omaha too long!

Results : Hand #1 Villain showed AA
Hand #2 Villain showed QQ, Hero sucks out with 2 pair Aces/Kings on the turn and river. Villain has a hissy-fit. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: 2 hands vs. tricky LAG $1bb $200NL / Results

I can't beleive you folded 2nd set in hand one. You realize there is ONE hand that beats you on this flop? Im guessing you realize the error of your ways so no need to get further into it.

Next time cry tears of joy and push, or call/push the turn.