Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-30-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Difficult Turn Decision

i'd pot the flop and push after his raise, especially if i have a LAG image. hopefully he didn't flop the straight or TTT.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Typical WA/WB situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not at all a WAWB situation. if we're ahead, we may only be slightly ahead of a flush draw (with a redraw, of course). if we're behind a straight, we still have a 36% chance of boating up. we're only way ahead of one/two pair or lower set and only way behind TTT.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Typical WA/WB situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not at all a WAWB situation. if we're ahead, we may only be slightly ahead of a flush draw (with a redraw, of course). if we're behind a straight, we still have a 36% chance of boating up. we're only way ahead of one/two pair or lower set and only way behind TTT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank You. WA/WB is the most mis/overused term on these forums. I even see people applying it to river situations.

This couldn't be LESS of a WA/WB situation.

Here is a text book WA/WB situation. You call a raise with AK and the flop comes K22 rainbow. There is no hand that villain can have that is drawing to greater than 2 outs when behind nor have you drawing to greater than 2 outs when ahead. The idea behind identifying such situations is that large bets and raises are likely -EV in these spots.