Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 12-27-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Beginning MTH v2

Make it so we can choose to have that dialog or not.

Some might want to be reminded/asked if they want to open a new table or not, some might find the dialog itself annoying.

BTW - MTH just downloaded 2.014, and it said my copy was unregistered, so I'm emailing you now for a new key, I guess.

BTW 2: has anyone suggested randomizing the seating order for each table yet? I have no problems with sitting anywhere/wherever, but actually prefer not sitting in the same seat all the time, which happens about 90% of the time (I end up in seat 1)

more ideas: Instead of the dialog, how about a timer as well?
say I want to sit down for a 2 hour session. MTH begins the countdown when my first table opens, and stops opening new tables when the timer buzzes after 2 hours.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make it so we can choose to have that dialog or not.

Some might want to be reminded/asked if they want to open a new table or not, some might find the dialog itself annoying.

BTW - MTH just downloaded 2.014, and it said my copy was unregistered, so I'm emailing you now for a new key, I guess.

BTW 2: has anyone suggested randomizing the seating order for each table yet? I have no problems with sitting anywhere/wherever, but actually prefer not sitting in the same seat all the time, which happens about 90% of the time (I end up in seat 1)

more ideas: Instead of the dialog, how about a timer as well?
say I want to sit down for a 2 hour session. MTH begins the countdown when my first table opens, and stops opening new tables when the timer buzzes after 2 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

There will be an option to turn the dialog on/off.

I've sent you a new key.

As for the random seating orders, that could be made also, anyone else like that?

I could make a timer that after X minutes would simply stop showing the "Do you want to open a similar..." dialog after the tour had ended.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:59 PM

Thanks again for your work on this tool Orca.

Has anyone else had issues with the "auto-close sng table" function? Regardless if I have the "send HH" or no HH option selected, the program does not auto close the table at the conclusion of the tourney.

thanks
Old 12-27-2005, 06:54 PM

I'm sure you already know this, but the auto-buyin function still doesn't work (I have a set open right now, I don't know about the auto-close function, but I'll take NegEV's word on that subject).

As for the timer suggestion, I meant it as a way to stop opening new tables in place of the dialog, rather than a compliment to the dialog.

As you can easily tell from what I've said, I'm not really a big fan of the dialog although I can understand its use. I'd rather completely zone out and let the program keep opening new tables until I decide I don't want any more new tables opening (by, for example, right clicking on the system tray icon and unchecking "keep continous").

Sorry for not properly and clearly writing out what I meant earlier, I was busy.

I have one question... is there a way to stop the lobby window popping up? or would that be just way too much to ask for?
Old 12-27-2005, 06:58 PM

I've made some fixes in regards to the auto buyin (and the auto close) that i hope fixes the problems. It'll be out in v15 soon i all goes well.

I realise that you'd like for MTH to automatically open tables for you. I must admit though that currently i'm reluctant when it comes to implementing it. That is really a feature that could go wrong on so many levels, so current i prefer the safer way of having the user click ok in a dialog before actually trying to open the tables.

I've also got lobby suppression on the todo list [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2005, 06:43 AM

A table "rehash" button would be a nice addition.

Sometimes I find that I am closing tables, or ending SnG's/MTTs and find that there are "holes" where tables were on the screen. I like to reposition the "holes" with other tables, and essentially have them all bunched together. It would be nice to have a button, or dropdown item from the menu and have MTH do this for me.

(X = table, x = hole) / (Screens >> Rehashed)

Xx XX >> XX Xx
xX xX >> XX xx
Old 12-28-2005, 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I find that I am closing tables, or ending SnG's/MTTs and find that there are "holes" where tables were on the screen. I like to reposition the "holes" with other tables, and essentially have them all bunched together. It would be nice to have a button, or dropdown item from the menu and have MTH do this for me.

Xx XX >> XX Xx
xX xX >> XX xx

[/ QUOTE ]

Your wish has been fulfilled. According to paragraph 5 of the international geenie laws, you still have two wishes left.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Xx XX >> XX Xx
xX xX >> XX xx

[/ QUOTE ]

Your wish has been fulfilled. According to paragraph 5 of the international geenie laws, you still have two wishes left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok that response was 6 minutes after the request, pretty sick. Thanks for making our lives easier with this tool. I was wondering if the active table cue could be optional. I have sufficeint monitor space and would prefer to make decisions on tables as I wish. THis would prevent mis-bets when I think I am acting on a different table. I realize this is the main function of the program but there is so much more to it now.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:16 PM

I suppose you know you can turn of the table arrangement / move active table option / disable key controls. But i'm pretty sure that's not what you're asking.

V15 includes a "Table Identification" feature which marks each table with a uniquely colored box. V16 will include more functions to identify tables, including numbers 0 - 9. When the numbers have implemented, i'm ready to implement some way of manually selecting an active table to act upon. When the manual selection is enabled, the automatic queueing will have to be disabled though.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose you know you can turn of the table arrangement / move active table option / disable key controls. But i'm pretty sure that's not what you're asking.

V15 includes a "Table Identification" feature which marks each table with a uniquely colored box. V16 will include more functions to identify tables, including numbers 0 - 9. When the numbers have implemented, i'm ready to implement some way of manually selecting an active table to act upon. When the manual selection is enabled, the automatic queueing will have to be disabled though.

[/ QUOTE ]

THanks for the reply..the manual options in future releases sound like what I am looking for. My setup is pretty close to perfect now (except need a faster processor) just being a nit...thanks again.