Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Stars $60 what does villain have?

the reason i ask is i'm not seeing raises in this spot with the range of hands you gave. the 27's yeah, but not the 60's. anyhow i pushed and he flipped over AA.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:54 AM

Even if you tighten up villians range to qq-aa aks (which you'll see a lot more often then TT and JJ, it's way too good to pass up.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the reason i ask is i'm not seeing raises in this spot with the range of hands you gave. the 27's yeah, but not the 60's. anyhow i pushed and he flipped over AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you saw it coming too. That sucks. Ive had that happen to me plenty of times too. The thing is, we forget all the times we push with KK and the moran raiser has AK or JJ. The big losses stick with you more.

You made the right play, unless you know this player from playing about 1000 sng's with him and AA is the only hand he plays that way.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread sucks.

Don't fold KK here. He has a range that makes it profitable for you to get all-in. Isn't this in the FAQ or something?
Old 12-04-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread sucks.

Don't fold KK here. He has a range that makes it profitable for you to get all-in. Isn't this in the FAQ or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i never asked if i should fold this. i asked what hand we expected to see here.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:18 AM

after some more thought, i think it's JJ-AA AK, JJ least
Old 12-04-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i never asked if i should fold this. i asked what hand we expected to see here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Sane player: JJ+, AQs+, Good player: Probably nothing. This minraise is fishy. Ridiculous player: 77+, ATs+. Depends on the person, but there are lots of really bad players. Not many that fall into the ridiculous category, but they can have a lot. This can be at least my first range for the vast majority of players though.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I understood this when you first asked your question and I never indicated that you fold. For this to be a $60 STT, I put villain on a very good hand if he is able to re-reraise back into you despite two cold callers in the pot. even if he mini-raised you back instead of pushing, he has to think he can milk maximum value out of whatever hand he has (again, I'm thinking monster) if you just call to see the flop. Yes, there are bad players, but the way villain played this hand preflop, I don't see this guy being a sardine.