Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-26-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Don Adams dead at 82

[ QUOTE ]
Missed 83 by "that much".

[/ QUOTE ]

lol Jake, I think this is going over a lot of people's heads. very funny, although I feel bad for chuckling at it
Old 09-26-2005, 06:12 PM

Gosh Tennesee
Old 09-26-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, I was reading that Agent 99 was originally going to be Agent 69....good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you TBS for my first childhood crush. through the magic of reruns, I discovered that agent 99 was HOT!!
Old 09-26-2005, 08:42 PM

Man, Get Smart and Inspector Gadget were the best shows ever.

RIP
Old 09-26-2005, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played a lot of p***r with this guy at Hollywood Park. He was a fish.

RIP

[/ QUOTE ]

I did, too...and he was a fish...but very entertaining. I never saw him turn away autograph seekers once...and they would come up to the table about 3 or 4 times a day...

I was just thrilled I got totalk to him some...very nice guy, alwaysloved to answer my "Get Smart" questions. He'd alwayssmile and zip up when we'd ask if he ever nailed Barbara Feldon.

My favorite part of "Get Smart" was always the opening credits, with the never-ending "security doors" that would open and slam shut.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Missed 83 by "that much".

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehehe, nice.

RIP 86.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I played a lot of p***r with this guy at Hollywood Park. He was a fish.

RIP

[/ QUOTE ]

I did, too...and he was a fish...but very entertaining. I never saw him turn away autograph seekers once...and they would come up to the table about 3 or 4 times a day...

I was just thrilled I got totalk to him some...very nice guy, alwaysloved to answer my "Get Smart" questions. He'd alwayssmile and zip up when we'd ask if he ever nailed Barbara Feldon.

My favorite part of "Get Smart" was always the opening credits, with the never-ending "security doors" that would open and slam shut.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, all the old regulars liked talking about how much ass this guy got back in the day. He didn't seem to mind them talking about it either. I say he was a fish in the most endearing way possible because he seemed like a nice old guy. I never watched Get Smart, but Inspector Gadget was one of my favorite cartoons growing up.

RIP
Old 09-26-2005, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plus, I was reading that Agent 99 was originally going to be Agent 69....good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you TBS for my first childhood crush. through the magic of reruns, I discovered that agent 99 was HOT!!

[/ QUOTE ]

And what a voice. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you Barbara Feldon.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:27 AM

I loved Get Smart. Mel Brooks made it. Top quality stuff, often very very funny.

Don Adams' clipped voice made almost everything he said funny.

I loved the idiotic Cone of Silence where they couldn't even hear each other, and his great way of infuriating his oh-so-patient Chief. The Chief was a truly great straight man. Their interactions were priceless, and what I waited the whole show to see. This guy should be appreciated as one of the greats. I loved to watch his face as he tried to deal with Max, who was usually oblivious he was even being a problem.

I loved Max's puffed-up heroism in the face of danger, which would usually instantly crumble into shameless grovelling instantaneously.

This was a show that didn't even need much in the way of situations to be a situation comedy; the characters were so good you just waited for THEM to happen more than things to happen to them.

I thought Agent 99 was pretty hot too. She often had a sort of purring sexual undercurrent in almost everything she did. Hot stuff!

It's too bad Adams never did anything of note after Get Smart. He did that one terrible movie, The Nude Bomb, on the Get Smart! theme. He may have done another, I forget. But basically he was over when the show ended. I think he was kind of like Gilligan or something that way -- so completely perfect that he was probably too typecast to play anything else. Movies and t.v. were far less forgiving in those days, and people didn't cross over very often at all.

R.I.P, Max. Thanks for being so cool and giving us so much fun while you lasted!
Old 09-27-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And what a voice. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you Barbara Feldon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that you mention it, I can't think of a sexier voice.