Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 06:06 PM

Default running good?

A lady limps in EP. I limp in MP w/K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] LP call blinds are in.

Flop is K J 5 with a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Lady bets, I raise. LP calls. Blinds fold. Lady 3 bets. I call. PL folds. I'm pretty sure I'm beat. The lady, I think, is capable of playing K5s J5s maybe. I have some BD outs, too.

Turn is T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

She bets. I call. River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Lady checks. I bet. She calls. I turn over my 2-pair. Lady tosses hand to dealer face down. LP says "I wanna see that hand." Lady picks up cards turns them over. She has KK. A set! She flips them back over into the muck.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: running good?

lmao. i hope no one ruined it and told her that set's are better than 2 pair. thats definitely +EV. then when you have the set and she has 2-pair, thats when u explain how set's win.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:46 PM

the guy who asked to see her hand told her. she thought i had a flush or a straight
Old 04-02-2005, 02:45 AM

I told you to get all the money the other day. Nice work!
Old 04-02-2005, 05:07 AM

I was embarrassed to admit it, but now that you posted this, last time I played I had raised with Ad-Td and the river put a second pair on board which I didn't see. The action went check-check and my opponent showed A-J and I folded (even though we should have chopped), but my cards accidentally flipped up.

I'm also running good: my opponent, a gentleman, gave me half the pot.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:15 PM

The only versions I've seen in my limited experience (< 30 hours) is the grandmother calling flush ( [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], damn I won't have raised you if I'd known that) and an old man claiming a boat and getting someone to muck an actual flush. Lessoned learned here, hang on to them until you're sure you're beat.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:25 PM

The board is QQJT8 (not in order). One player turns over A9 and the other flips over A6. The dealer was about to split the pot and neither player noticed any different. The str8 checked it through on the river.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:32 PM

I was playing 1/2 LHE at the Trop AC last week and the dealer gave the pot to Seat 3, who had made trip 9s on the river. Problem was, Seat 1 had a set of 8s on the turn, and the pair of 9s on the board gave him a full house.

Seat 1, who think was underage, didn't put up a fight, and Seat 3 gave him $10 out of a $32 pot. Dealer didn't say anything and that was it. I couldn't believe it.