Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 12:06 PM

Default 9 thru 16

I was wondering what the second eight most profitable hands are for people with big data bases.

I would think that you'd usually open raise with them in MP to LP. I'd think you'd usually reraise a loose raiser with them. Do you ever open limp with any of them in early position? Do you fold any of them in EP? Do you ever cold call a raise with any of them? If there is a loose limper, and a possible isolation raise do you ever cold call?
Old 04-12-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: 9 thru 16

I have about 130K in my database, (mostly Party 15/30) so that means ~600 ea. for the pairs, about 400 of the suited hands, and 1,100 for non-suited hands. So still not huge numbers of each hand.

1-8 are AA-99, AKs, AKo.

9-16 include AQs, KQs-KTs, AQo-AJo, JTs and 77

Interestingly enough, AJs-ATs didn't make the list and was bunched in the 3rd group of 8 along with 88, a couple of Axs, and J9s. This most likely is an artifact of the relatively small sample size combined with a touch of my bad post-flop play of these hands.

I don't raise KTs or JTs until LMP. AQ-AJ (suited or not) will usually elicit a 3 bet by me vs. a loose raiser, KQs will as well if he's real loose (18+% PFR). I guess that I have followed HPFAP and only will consider cold calling with AQs-AJs and KQs vs. normal EP raisers.

If it's only the loosie and the isolator, I would usually let the isolation attempt succeed, unless I would otherwise cold call.

This seems to works for me, but I would like to hear what others think.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:52 PM

mikel., Josh W., Rick Nebiolo and now Gabe. Sooner or later, everyone will end up online. I wonder why everyone is at Party skins though. Full Tilt's SNG's are weak.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Excellent information from . . .

who I consider to be the most underrated player on 2+2. Thanks, Barry.

TSP
Old 04-12-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering what the second eight most profitable hands are for people with big data bases.

I would think that you'd usually open raise with them in MP to LP. I'd think you'd usually reraise a loose raiser with them. Do you ever open limp with any of them in early position? Do you fold any of them in EP? Do you ever cold call a raise with any of them? If there is a loose limper, and a possible isolation raise do you ever cold call?

[/ QUOTE ]

i only have 40k hands since ive been back:

1-8=
AA
KK
QQ
AKo
JJ
AJo
AQo
AKs

9-16=
TT
AJs
ATo
A8o
KQo

that was net won...

bb/hand 1-8=
AA
KK
QQ
AKs
JJ
AJs
AKo
TT

9-16 in bb/100=
AQo
AJo
AQs
KJs
K9s
QJs

these stats are definately not meaningful though b/c the most times ive received ANY hand (hand ive had the most) is 418 times and was (funnily enough) 72o followed by K6o

-Barron