Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2005, 08:58 PM

Default No hot water

So I rent a house with a couple friends. My roommates are friends(and me kinda) with the girl whose parents own the house. Their other daughter lives in the back house and currently has a termite problem, so she needs to get it sprayed and tented. For them to do this, they will need to turn off the gas(hot water) from today until Tuesday.

Originally they had said from Friday-Monday, but since Friday is a holiday and some other reasons, it was extended. Now I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but I pay my rent on time, shouldn't I basically get a refund for the days that I basically have to stay at a friends place?

The girl in the back house(speaking for her parents) just emailed all of us saying how sorry she is for the inconvenience, and that she will buy a space heater, but the real problem will be the lack of hot water. I am one of those people who NEED a hot shower to start the day(especially weekdays) and this will be a major inconvenience. My roommates(2 girls) are way too nice and too connected to the owners to really cause a fuss, but I just feel having no hot water for basically 5 days calls for some type of rent rebate. Anyone been in a similar situation with thoughts on the matter?

DN