Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Stepping in it w/ Axs

Second thoughts:

I think Brad's analysis is good against typical opponents. Mine would be closer to the truth against someone very likely to slowplay. Since I did not know that about this player at the time, it seems like the river bet should be good!

Thanks guys.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:54 PM

Calling preflop UTG with this type of hand and with that many aggressive players at the table is a mistake. This hand is only playable from early position at a table where raises are rareHowever, once you call, you are probably roped in for the rest.

Betting out at the flop isn't bad, but I would be very suspicious of any callers and fold to a raise. I could also check fold the flop, since I really want a flush draw with this hand and figure to be dominated by someone. I am really only worried about the BB and MP1, and I am suspicious of MP1's 3 bet (suspicious that it was out of irritation at being raised or something). I can't think of any hand that makes sense to limp reraise with callers and limpers. Maybe big suited cards, but I would want callers and wouldn't want to put them to 2 more bets.

I would also like to spoil MP1's probable slowplay by check calling the river to save a bet. MP1's preflop play is weird but I figure him for an AK that he was slowplaying or KK and hit his miracle 2 outer.

I probably turn off auto muck and show this hand for table image (even though it is usually worthless at Micro I still do it a little). It is just one more bet and you let them know you can't be bluffed (at least that is what you want them to think).
Old 01-22-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could also check fold the flop, since I really want a flush draw with this hand and figure to be dominated by someone.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not play any two suited cards then? Or at the very least, add Kxs to correspond to any Axs. The reason you play Axs is because the high card value can bail you out in situations where you don't get a flush, something that Kxs isn't as good at.

I think the hand is played fine on all streets.