Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: An open letter to Mat Sklansky

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
good post wacki.

I have a question. Isn't mason the owner of 2+2? Shouldnt he be the only one with a say, who cares what david, ray and ed think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess that mason does.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. I didn't quite mean it like that tho. I just mean like if mason is the owner of 2+2 (which I could be very wrong about), then shouldnt this be an open letter to Mason? Not saying he wont take the advice of the other people involved, but isnt the final say his?

Im just asking, because I think mat gets alot of the blame for things around here, when mat is just an employee and nothing more (at least thats what I understood, but I could be wrong, which is why I asked).

[/ QUOTE ]

once again you are right.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:56 PM

Gawd this is getting lame.

Can't you people get it through your heads that Mat is going to run things the way Mat deems fit?

Don't they give you college brats enough to do with your time that you can avoid worrying about other peoples problems? Evedently not.

Maybe you are still sore that your admin was taken away for this forum...I dunno...but these self-proclaimed 'I know more then you, this is how it should be done' threads are getting old.

This has been an alert of the public whining alert system.

We know return you to your regularly scheduled whining thread.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My general point is that if 2+2 is a business, the only opinions that matter are the posters and the advertisers. That's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, yet people seem to not realize that some of the stuff posted here may directly affect the goals of getting advertisers and promoting the 2+2 publishing line. If there's a conflict between the two, the paying advertisers are going to win out over the people posting for free every time.

This is not a horny teenage forum, it's a poker forum. Even OOT should be held to the same standard of class and pride that Mason clearly values when it comes to 2+2 publishing.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My concern is it's going to reach a point where it may be easier to get rid of the other other topics forum than it would be to attempt to moderate it.

If it ends up going this route, it's a sad sad day in OOTville.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wholly agree. Unfortunately, getting rid of OOT altogether seems to be where the situation is leading.

One thought that I've had all along is: How many advertisers actually notice OOT and base their decision to advertise because of OOT's content? The content or the forum isn't reflective of 2+2 at all, because it is such a small part of it. It's tucked down at the bottom of the list of forums and most people visiting 2+2 would be drawn to the strategy forums and not something called "Other other topics". It took me quite awhile before I finally stumbled upon it, and I used to spend hours each week visiting the poker forums.

I agree that this forum needs to be moderated, but I think that a lot of the talk lately has been people making mountains out of molehills (on boths sides of the debate).
Old 08-09-2005, 04:58 PM

The reason I made this post was not to complain like many others are doing. The reason I made this post was to help Mat. I respect Mat but I saw him take bad advice from a very bad source. That was a huge mistake.

I also get the impression that they are genuinely not sure how to treat OOT. If OOT is a business, then Mat should talk to a lawyer and then have mods execute those rules. If advertisers want more rules, he should hand those rules to the mods on top of the rules given by the lawyer.

I am not complaining. Do not lump me in with those people. I am giving Mat business advice.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:58 PM

The only thing that would make this post better is some Journey.

Old 08-09-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am not complaining. Do not lump me in with those people.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not what I was saying.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: An open letter to Mat Sklansky(w/o OOT this site is done)

Period. OOT is by far the busiest forum on this site. There are only like 5 posts a day on my beloved sports betting forum and like 9 on probability. Sponsers pay for this site and this forum aint goin nowhere baby.

Indy
Old 08-09-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing that would make this post better is some Journey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Let's have some Journey. Now who the hell are those old guys in that pic?
Old 08-09-2005, 05:01 PM

Journey helps. 80s music always helps

Indy