Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: selling PT databases?

Stox,

Good points, especially number 4. But to the extent there are players in these games that would say, "Man, that stoxtrader really gives me fits", could they not spend spend some replaying games and adjust their play to start calling you down or playing back at you with a more correct frequency? The best players probably wouldn't want to invest the time to conduct a detailed analysis of your play, but whichever players are your bread and butter in these games might start playing much better against you.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of the people that i have been in contact with about the DB, only 1 plays in the same games as me, and he does not play the 150/300 pound game. I know the others not to be higher players

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do you feel the "others" would benefit? How would it change if they were to play 5/10 or 15/30?
Old 11-08-2005, 06:01 PM

Stox, I think any player who is of the calibur to be a solid winning player in a game 1/2 or above knows the game well enough to make more than enough information from your database to make this a losing a proposition for you if you play in the same game as them.

Also, FWIW, i also think you have handled yourself well in regards to some of the comments made in this thread. It could have quickly turned into a pissing match but you seem open minded to the idea that selling the DB might not be beneficial to you. That said, i am pretty confident it would be if it falls into the hands of anyone playing against you on a regular basis.

Gabe
Old 11-08-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of the people that i have been in contact with about the DB, only 1 plays in the same games as me, and he does not play the 150/300 pound game. I know the others not to be higher players

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do you feel the "others" would benefit? How would it change if they were to play 5/10 or 15/30?

[/ QUOTE ]

For other players that do not play in games with me I think it is a valuable learning tool to see stats of a successful database and being able to filter for # of players at a table and see stealing and defending plays and watch how certain hands are played at higher limits.

So I think it's a good learning tool for someone looking to improve. I do not think its a good tool for somone looking to beat me. There are many who disagree.