Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Should I lay down AA?

CO is 79/17 over >100 hands. He bets a lot of bottom pairs on the flop and likes to check raise the turn with trips. SB is the same type of player pretty LAG however this hand was pretty early in the session so no real reads on him.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (24.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 30.50 BB

Durs
Old 08-18-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Should I lay down AA?

I don't like your turn raise. I'm not sure what his call/raise mean (actually that means he sucks at poker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) but I have to fold the river.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:56 AM

Ugh, one of those hands that's ironically made more difficult with reads [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'm done with this hand with the turn cap regardless. You've shown plenty of strength and they've told you to go screw; at least one of them can beat top pair.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:00 AM

definitely fold the river for two bets.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, one of those hands that's ironically made more difficult with reads [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'm done with this hand with the turn cap regardless. You've shown plenty of strength and they've told you to go screw; at least one of them can beat top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

we can't fold the turn for that one last bet, we're getting something insane like 22:1 which is good enough to chase our two-outer
Old 08-18-2005, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. During this hand I was trying to figure out wtf was going on. The SB's turn check call cap line confused the hell out of me.

Durs
Old 08-18-2005, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we can't fold the turn for that one last bet, we're getting something insane like 22:1 which is good enough to chase our two-outer

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, that's what I meant. I don't care who I'm against, a call/cap = bad news.

Edit: actually I'm reading this wrong. God what a crappy turn, you're getting screwed all over [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 02:08 AM

I think I just call the turn, I don't feel like getting into a raising war

SB's call2cold, cap reeks of a monster, so I highly doubt its worth calling the river
Old 08-18-2005, 03:15 AM

after the flop betting, i'd be pretty stunned if someone didn't have a 9 when they led into you on the turn, so stick around for your 2-outer (and just to make sure), but by all means try to get out cheaply. don't raise the turn.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:56 AM

Against a normal opponent you overplayed the turn. If you think CO is incapable of changing his style by betting out with trips then maybe OK to your raise. But this also requires ignoring the question: Why is SB hanging around? When SB caps the turn, you can call to your two outs to fill up. Through it away on the river - you missed.