Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 01:41 AM

Default 6 max flush draw hand

So I find myself playing a lot of hands this way. My opponents are passive, and will only bet with the best hand for the most part. Is it incorrect to bet here?

There seems to be a problem with the HH we were 5 handed at the time and I was in the CO. I raised and BB 3 bet. One person just went broke so I think this may have messed it up. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero (poster) calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Durs
Old 08-01-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Re: 6 max flush draw hand

Can you explain what happened in the hand a little better? Your description + the hand history = [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2005, 02:17 AM

Sure, sorry about the confusion. I raise in the CO with K8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I get 3 bet and call. On the flop I raise with the flush draw. They check to me on the turn when a non [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] falls and I bet again. My question is whether or not betting here is correct?

Durs
Old 08-01-2005, 02:28 AM

If there is a good chance that i think my opponent will fold to a turn bet I'll go ahead and bet. If the opponent is pretty aggressive I'll take the free card because I really don't want to get 3 bet here with only 1 card to come. If your reads on your opponents are correct sounds to me like it would be a good idea to bet the turn. You can always check the river for a free showdown if you don't get your club (I'm not giving much credit for the K outs).
Old 08-01-2005, 09:31 AM

I don't really like the raise given your position. I would probably call the flop.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:46 AM

The K8 raise here is bad, and thats why your in this position. I know the 6 max tabes are aggressive but...
Anyways, your king out can be nearly totally discounted here. I dont like the turn bet, you raised the flush draw, that isnt bad but betting the turn 10 is a bad move. If someone jsut hit trips, they are surely raising you, and yoru loosing extra bets. However, if you check there liek you have a good Q and are afraid of the 10, your prob goign to get a free card! Check the turn, get a freebie, and hope for the river flush. Your beat here and your kind of spewiong chips on a 35% draw. The person who 3 bet isnt foldign so you have no fold equity.
Hope I could help,
CDL

[ QUOTE ]
So I find myself playing a lot of hands this way. My opponents are passive, and will only bet with the best hand for the most part. Is it incorrect to bet here?

There seems to be a problem with the HH we were 5 handed at the time and I was in the CO. I raised and BB 3 bet. One person just went broke so I think this may have messed it up. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero (poster) calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Durs

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-01-2005, 09:52 AM

I'd just probably call the flop. Check/call the turn.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:16 PM

PF: K8s is not a raising hand after limpers, it's a calling hand on the button. Usually a fold in the CO.

FLOP: I'm assuming you raised because SB bet and you trapped the field, and that you didn't face the field with two. OK.

TURN: Why bet here? You have nothing but a draw to a flush although your draw to TP King looks good to since all checked.

But this hand history is all messed up. I think you need to repost. It's too screwed up.