Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Realistic goal for August

I'm currently playing 1/2 Full and 1/2 6 max. I have 15K hands at Full and almost 8K at 6 max. I'll attatch my stats from Pokertracker at the bottom of this post. My bankroll is currently 450 BB so I'm looking to move up to 2/4 sometime in the near future. I'm in the process of setting up a good rakeback deal with an affiliate. I want to play more in August than I did in July. I put in about 10K hands this month but I definitely have time to put in more. I work 3 nights a week (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) so I have plenty of time during the week to play. I can also play late Friday night as well.

What are some realistic goals to set for myself for the month of August. I want to challenge myself to play more, and play better. I was playing 4 tables but knocked it down to 3 after realizing that I'm missing a lot of information by playing too many tables. I was thinking of trying to play 15K or 20K hands but I'm not sure if this is realistic.

I'd like some advice from someone who has done something similar to this. I will post weekly updates if there is a request for them to track my progress.

Imageshack isn't working for me, but as soon as I figure it out I'll host my stats.

Durs
Old 07-29-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Realistic goal for August

I don't know if you can play in the Saturday afternoon. Lots of fish at that time. Looking forward to your progress update.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:30 AM

Get a rakeback deal for absolute poker and play 3 tables 1/2 6 max. Bonus+rakeback alone pays AT THE VERY LEAST 18 $/h. Play 20k hands and you will have the skills and thebankroll to move up to 2/4. This is what I'm doing right but I don't have enough time to play because of my job.
I'm at work now but I can't really play at work can I? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
My 2 cents.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm currently playing 1/2 Full and 1/2 6 max. I have 15K hands at Full and almost 8K at 6 max. I'll attatch my stats from Pokertracker at the bottom of this post. My bankroll is currently 450 BB so I'm looking to move up to 2/4 sometime in the near future. I'm in the process of setting up a good rakeback deal with an affiliate. I want to play more in August than I did in July. I put in about 10K hands this month but I definitely have time to put in more. I work 3 nights a week (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) so I have plenty of time during the week to play. I can also play late Friday night as well.

What are some realistic goals to set for myself for the month of August. I want to challenge myself to play more, and play better. I was playing 4 tables but knocked it down to 3 after realizing that I'm missing a lot of information by playing too many tables. I was thinking of trying to play 15K or 20K hands but I'm not sure if this is realistic.

I'd like some advice from someone who has done something similar to this. I will post weekly updates if there is a request for them to track my progress.

Imageshack isn't working for me, but as soon as I figure it out I'll host my stats.

Durs

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird to be in this forum, anyway, not to long ago i was in the similar situation

I managed to play 20k hands 4 tableing only have 5 days free. 40 hands per hour per table x 4 tables x almost 6 hr a day avg x 24 free days... i just clear 20k

A realistic goal for you...

40 hands per hour x 3 tables x (ill go with 7 hrs might be more or less if ur deicated and dont mind killing your entire night life ect) 7 hr avg x 19 days. 15K

Its a soild goal and you should be done with 1-2, but watch the 2-4 play before you move just so you get use to it. datamine it if you can. not much of a difference. also after you have a sample size of this magintiude poker tracker will be come very useful. Review your play, plug leaks.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:37 AM

Thanks for the advice. I figured that 20K might be a little high. Any suggestions as to where I should cross-post this? I posted it here because I have found this forum very useful and full of knowledgable people. I would like to be playing 3/6 6max in September. I'll probably continue with 1/2 until I have a big enough roll to take shots at 2/4. I'd like to get some more hands in at 6max as well so I might play 2 tables of 6 max and 1 of 2/4 full. Thanks again.

Durs
Old 07-30-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the advice. I figured that 20K might be a little high. Any suggestions as to where I should cross-post this? I posted it here because I have found this forum very useful and full of knowledgable people. I would like to be playing 3/6 6max in September. I'll probably continue with 1/2 until I have a big enough roll to take shots at 2/4. I'd like to get some more hands in at 6max as well so I might play 2 tables of 6 max and 1 of 2/4 full. Thanks again.

Durs

[/ QUOTE ]

internet forum would do

build your roll play as many hands as you can when you feel comfortable move. the play at the 1/2 and 2/4 and 3/6 are almost identical, but you need the roll for varience. 5/10 when the play starts to change a little.