Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Nut flush on paired board

I feel like I played the flop overly aggressive and maybe should have been a little more cautions on the turn and river with a paired board. Thanks for any input...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

River: (17.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.25 BB
Old 03-23-2005, 09:16 PM

Default I see a nut straight. No nut flush, however

When you're bet into on the river after a capped turn, call him down. He's already shown enough aggression that he should be put on a premium hand.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Nut flush on paired board

i hate to be the bearer of bad news.... but you don't have a flush
Old 03-23-2005, 09:21 PM

Default Re: I see a nut straight. No nut flush, however

[ QUOTE ]
When you're bet into on the river after a capped turn, call him down. He's already shown enough aggression that he should be put on a premium hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-23-2005, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate to be the bearer of bad news.... but you don't have a flush

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At Party .5/1, this aggression seems pretty normal for someone with trips - of course as soon as I saw him reraise the river I knew I was beat. What about the turn, should I have capped or just called his re-raise?
Old 03-23-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At Party .5/1, this aggression seems pretty normal for someone with trips - of course as soon as I saw him reraise the river I knew I was beat. What about the turn, should I have capped or just called his re-raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I cap the turn and when he bets into you on the river its an easy "just call". If he checks to you then you can bet. This means on a capped turn you're going to put in 5 total bets.

If you had just called the 3-bet, he's going to bet the river (which you should again, just call), you put in 4 total bets (assuming he bets the river).

I think you're ahead more than 50% so putting in that extra bet is +EV.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:25 PM

Nut straight looks a lil more like it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], and agreed, after turn cap, calling river should be correct, not all that many people over play trips this much
Old 03-23-2005, 11:33 PM

i personally hate the raise on the flop, i would definatly call, you have an OESD and usually you pump this but you you neec callers inbetween you to do this, you going to shut eveyone out of the pot with out a made hand. and calling here will allow you to raise on the turn if you hit which you did. I like the play from the turn on.