Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 11:46 PM

Default A10 on the button

Not sure where I went wrong with this hand. Opponent has a vip$ip over 50.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
Old 03-23-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: A10 on the button

What makes you think you did something wrong?
Old 03-23-2005, 12:18 AM

For the flop, depends on what kind of loose player he is (passive, aggressive). I would probably call the check-raise.

Rest of hand looks standard.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:22 AM

I dont 3-bet on the flop.
I call the flop with the intention of calling down.

After you hit your ten, then I bet out.
If I get raised on the turn then I call down.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:52 AM

Just call the flop raise and call down unless you hit your kicker. This will allow you to raise one of the big streets if you do hit, since you have position.

I can't see him holding a hand that beats you. If he does, his play is absolutely horrible.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the flop, depends on what kind of loose player he is (passive, aggressive). I would probably call the check-raise.

Rest of hand looks standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - while villain's V$IP indicates he could have a wide range of hands here, I don't think that really helps. I'd be more interested in his aggro numbers.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just call the flop raise and call down unless you hit your kicker. This will allow you to raise one of the big streets if you do hit, since you have position.

I can't see him holding a hand that beats you. If he does, his play is absolutely horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's quite possible he has AJ or AQ. Getting 3-bet on the flop, I would put the aggressor on 2pair or AK once they bet out on the turn.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's quite possible he has AJ or AQ. Getting 3-bet on the flop, I would put the aggressor on 2pair or AK once they bet out on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand what you're saying. Hero 3-bet the flop and led the turn, and hero beats AK/AQ/AJ.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand what you're saying. Hero 3-bet the flop and led the turn, and hero beats AK/AQ/AJ.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I listed hands that were beating AT on the flop and then slow down on the turn and river, not the turn. I misinterpreted what you were saying earlier.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:41 AM

I put my opponent on AJ or AQ. I figure with AK or 2 pair he caps the flop when I 3 bet. His turn and river plays seem to confirm my read of AJ or AQ. I didn't really think that I played this hand wrong, I was just perplexed when I saw what he had. His hand is below in white...
<font color="white">
Opponent had 10 10 for 3 of a kind.</font>