Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2004, 04:13 AM

Default Re: True viability of multi-tabling?

Thanks for the tip.
I have seen some talking about the 'other' gametime thingee.

I've also read the threads on playerview being buggy and slowing some systems down.
Note though - others have said they have ZERO slow-down problems with playerview. So it doesn't appear to be a universal problem.

But I might look at the gametime too while playerview gets improved.

[ QUOTE ]
On Gametime, you can mouse over a name and besides the VPIP/PFR/BB per 100/hands played that display beneath the player name, you can also get a pop up window with a lot more stats.

They're both free; try 'em both out. Gametime is easier, and because it's less buggy, so I'm using that one for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds cool. and sounds like the Gametime is a good idea for a computer-illiterate like yours truly.

To be honest though, I'm reasonably happy with the p-tracker game-time window....so it's not THAT big a deal. But I'll check it out anyway.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:26 AM

Holy Crap!!!

This thing ROCKS!!

I struggled with the playerview and downloading the correct dot-net what-cha-ma-thing forever a couple nights ago.

Then, right now, i went to the gametime v.1.3 thread in Books/software and downloaded it and had it running within a few seconds.
This is REALLY REALLY cool.

Thanks again Blarg!! I owe you one.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:21 PM

Heh, glad you like it, I'm diggin' it too. Super easy.

One comment on what you mentioned about Playerview:

[ QUOTE ]
Note though - others have said they have ZERO slow-down problems with playerview. So it doesn't appear to be a universal problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

To put things in perspective, I have a gig of fast RAM, a fast video card, a fast hard disk, and a Athlon 3200(very nice and fast chip). So I think it's not that the people who do not get slowdowns on Playerview are avoiding them because they have a notably better system; for poker, there really aren't notably better systems.

I think it's because they don't either play as long or as many tables, and if you play longer or play more tables, that's when the slowdown comes in.

I notice the slowdowns come after a few hours of 8-tabling. A four tabler doing his normal length sessions might not ever get to the point of having that many hands in, and an 8-tabler might not play as many consecutive hours as I do. Someone doing two or three tables might never notice the slowdown at all.

I'm mentioning it because I think you play four tables and more, right? And for extended periods? Just trying to put the Playerview "slowdown" issue in perspective for those that do.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:00 PM

Playerview is MUCH more Christmassy though! With the green tables and all the nice colored flashing stats who needs a dam tree!
Old 12-08-2004, 12:26 AM

I am going to put a lump of coal in your ISP's stocking!
Old 12-08-2004, 02:30 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a larger of the mass multitablers are in the early - mid 20s.

The reason for this is because a lot of us grew up used to multitasking, doing homework while chatting with a few people on IM while watching TV, etc.

When I play less than 5 or 6 tables I have a bad habit of getting bored and starting to tilt a bit (by playing crap hands or too aggressively taking mediocre hands too far).