Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2004, 01:58 PM

Default Adjusting your play from 10 player to 6 player tables?

Im starting to do well playing full ring 10 seater games at texas hold'em, I use the starting hand charts in internet hold'em. If i want to play well at 6 player tables how should i change my style of play and do i need to use a different starting hand chart in 6 player games?
Old 12-07-2004, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Adjusting your play from 10 player to 6 player tables?

sklansky says treat a 6 max game as a ten seater where the first four have folded. at any rate, one must loosen up starting requirements at shorthanded table. so yes, you should be using a different starting hand chart (don't know where to get a 6 max one, but someone else might).
Old 12-07-2004, 05:33 PM

Radio,

There is some absolutely fantastic information and strategy in the Heads-up & Short-handed (HUSH) forum. This is where all teh 6-max players are going to discuss what works and doesn't work in their strategy. Spend as much time as you can there and you will definitely see an improvement in your game. Also, you may want to buy/borrow a copy of Hold'em For Advanced Players because there is a good chapter in there on short-handed play. Just start playing a lot of hands and posting some questionable hands to the HUSH forum.

Freakin
Old 12-08-2004, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Radio,

There is some absolutely fantastic information and strategy in the Heads-up & Short-handed (HUSH) forum. This is where all teh 6-max players are going to discuss what works and doesn't work in their strategy. Spend as much time as you can there and you will definitely see an improvement in your game. Also, you may want to buy/borrow a copy of Hold'em For Advanced Players because there is a good chapter in there on short-handed play. Just start playing a lot of hands and posting some questionable hands to the HUSH forum.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

BINGO! Time to head to the Heads-up and Short-handed forum.