Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: Stuff I do that I don\'t like

I like the turn bet more than I like the preflop complete.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why I Don't Like This:

It is a VERY draw-heavy flop, and I have bottom pair. I'm not getting out anyone with a bigger pair, or a piece of one of the ends of this. PLUS the pot is microscopic.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think your self analysis of the hand is correct.

Awareness is the first step in changing behavior, so it looks like you're on the right track.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else folding this preflop with only one limnper?

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't think about there only being one limper before. Since virtually all your value comes from making a flush aside from the rare flop that hits you hard, with only one limper this looks like it's not even worth a complete.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:20 AM

Uhhh, your turn bet is absolutely correct. Do you really think it's wrong? If either player had a piece of this board they would've probably bet it on the flop. The fact that the pot is small is good for you. Your opponents make a large error if they call the turn bet with just overs/str8 draws. You have the best hand here a large % of the time. The turn bet is good.

Also, fold preflop.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:20 AM

Why is everyone saying fold pre-flop? SSHE says play any two suited from sb with no raise.

I seem to follow the pre-flop hand charts pretty strictly. Should I not do this? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I would have bet the turn as well.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone saying fold pre-flop? SSHE says play any two suited from sb with no raise.

I seem to follow the pre-flop hand charts pretty strictly. Should I not do this? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think becuase there's only one limper here. And this then makes the EV of this weak hand borderline.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:30 AM

I understand that. What I am trying to figure out is when and how should I be deviating from the pre-flop hand charts? Not being an advanced player, I find myself using the hand charts exclusively. After reading this post, I am questioning this.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:40 AM

The turn bet is fine. It would be very marginal if you had xx, but since you actually have something you'd be happy to show down, I don't know why you see this as a leak.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The tight charts assume 2-3 limpers, the loose charts 4-6, if I recall correctly (my book is on my desk at work).

So the charts don't really cover 1 limper.

If I had some high-card power it would be better, but then it would be a better raise, depending on the read I have on that player (which I forget at the moment). But since all I'm really counting on is either a miracle flop for my 47, or a suited flop for my hearts there aren't enough odds to call for that.

Chances for a 4-flush on flop are about 11% (and 35% chance of it hitting by turn, so 3.8%), chances for 2 pair abour 3, trips 1.5, so 8.3% chance of hitting a hand with this. So I should be getting 11-1.

2 limpers + blinds would make it 7-1, and implied odds could probably make up the rest. That is, hitting my hand and getting 1 player calling down.

But with 1 limper + blinds I'm only getting 5-1 on my complete. That means I would have to make up 3BB without getting out-drawn.

KO
Old 09-29-2005, 09:54 AM

Alright KO .... now that my brain is hurting from all that... I think i've got a lot of learning to do! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I guess what you're saying is that in the sb, only one limper, I should tighten up my play with any 2 suited. Basically, if they're not connected, or have no high card value, I should really consider folding.

I know there is no definite answer, but just trying to understand this.