Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: 2 hands in the SB with Axo

I agree with you that this is a delicate hand to play OOP, which is an argument in favor of folding in the first place. It's easy to make errors on later streets once you're involved.

If I c/r the flop, I'm leading the turn pretty much regardless of what hits. I really do not want to get called, though.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:33 AM

FWIW I think these are both interesting hands, especially the 2nd.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:33 AM

Wouldnt' that give us a re-draw to the nut flush, plus we still have draws to trips and two pair? I would check call the turn in that case.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you that this is a delicate hand to play OOP, which is an argument in favor of folding in the first place. It's easy to make errors on later streets once you're involved.

If I c/r the flop, I'm leading the turn pretty much regardless of what hits. I really do not want to get called, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah... the Axo from the SB does get into some tough situations like this. My thoughts are pretty similar - if you check/raise the flop, you need to lead any turn.

Reads will make the difference in this situation for me. Against a straight-forward passive player, I think the flop can be a fold. Versus someone who may fold middle-pair here against our play, the flop c/r and turn bet could be used. Like you said, though - we don't really want to be called.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldnt' that give us a re-draw to the nut flush, plus we still have draws to trips and two pair? I would check call the turn in that case.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ha! You're totally right. I just made something up - not paying attention to the suits. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] How about the 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?
Old 09-16-2005, 09:45 AM

Well, in that case if I check raised the flop, which I do very little(even though i should), I would probably lead out on the turn. I would definitely want everyone to fold b/c I feel that I amy very venerable here.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, in that case if I check raised the flop, which I do very little(even though i should), I would probably lead out on the turn. I would definitely want everyone to fold b/c I feel that I amy very venerable here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, if we check/raise the flop, we pretty much have to lead a blank turn like that.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:55 AM

On hands similar to this, I would usually bet the flop. I don't know why but I would not think to c/r this. Small pot, not giving good odds to anyone by doing this. I might fold everyone.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: Converting this preflop is fine and was better than your preflop decision on hand 1. The flop is close because you can't be sure that you don't actually have the best hand right now. If I'm going to play, I'm going to raise. There are a bunch of hands I would like to fold out (middle pair anybody?) and I might as well see how serious CO is about his flop bet. That said, I think you can make a case for peeling (you're *almost* getting the odds you need) and folding (you're not quite getting the odds you need and you certainly aren't calling this down UI).

[/ QUOTE ]

Very interesting. I think I would also lean toward a raise here. I'm not at all convinced that we aren't ahead, given that it was the CO who bet after everyone checked. We're certainly well-positioned to face the field with 2. I'm not wild about a call here...what do we do UI on the turn if everyone calls? I think a raise will make this easier to play next street. But although it's marginal I think raising>calling>folding.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On hands similar to this, I would usually bet the flop. I don't know why but I would not think to c/r this. Small pot, not giving good odds to anyone by doing this. I might fold everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]
Will you fold everyone more than 20% of the time? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.