Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 07:59 PM

Default QQ on paired board w/flush draw

As I was playing this hand I was confused as to what to put my opponents on. SB has a VPIP of 50 but only about 20 hands. No reads on MP as he just sat down.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (17 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 06-16-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: QQ on paired board w/flush draw

Looks like MP has either AK (or some other high cards), a couple spades, or less likely a PP lower than yours. Looks like he's sticking around trying to catch a spade or high card out.

For SB, rather than his VPIP, it would help to have a read on how aggressive he is. If you haven't seen him do anything out of line, it looks like AA or KK, after the turn check/raise.

I'd play it the same way you did.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:22 PM

I think I'd prefer to just call this down. It really does appear to be an instance of WA/WB in a multi-way pot. It's quite likely you're behind the SB without a more specific read; 3-bets and caps from the blinds usually mean business. It's also quite likely you're either way ahead of MP1 or way behind, so you really don't mind him tagging along to pad the pot. Also, the SB may be holding the cards MP1 needs to make his hand (say he has AK or something, which is what it looks like; that or JJ/TT), which further re-inforces the liklihood of being WA/WB.

All that said, I can live with the flop raise if you want to try getting it HU, but there's no reason to bet into the SB on the turn unless you're going to make use of the information he's giving you: You're likely drawing to 2 outs, and you don't have the odds to chase it.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:52 PM

I was thinking along the lines of WA/WB. I considered folding the river because I didn't see many hands I was beating here.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:52 PM

i agree, seems like a WA/WB situation in a multiway pot

definately raise pf to put pressure on MP
also SB could be capping with a wide range of hands
i would have checked the turn after being 3bet on the flop

...what the hell does MP have with all those cold calls.... i am guessing TT or JJ

call down to river

cheers,
the Real Macoy
Old 06-16-2005, 10:57 PM

MP has KK - Very poorly played IMO.
SB has 88.