Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Is this as bad as I think it is?

I really played this one weird. My only strong read is that CO is pretty loose aggressive, and none of the players at the table seemed very strong. Please give me your recommended line.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

I bet out when I raise pre-flop pretty much every single time, but I know there are times not to. I figured that with 4 others at this flop, my hand probably wasn't best at the moment so I'd rather see what happens instead of betting and probably getting raised.

Turn: (5.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.

So since no one bet, on the turn I guess I may have the best hand now. Even if I don't, I figure I have some overcard partial outs and the straight draw, so I bet. This was retarded, wasn't it?

River: (10.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, CO folds, BB calls.

Now I hit my top pair. I may be beat, but I felt like I was good for some reason.

Final Pot: 15.20 BB

Please bash me as you will.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Is this as bad as I think it is?

Check the flop. With 5 to the flop and a coordinated board like this, you're not going to win the pot right there.

Check the turn. You picked up a gutshot. Whoopde-doo.

Bet the river. You hit your overcard, and I wouldn't even think about check/raising top pair on a board like this. In fact, I can't think of any type of board that I'd try to check/raise top pair on the river. It's strong but not THAT strong.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:04 AM

That hand looks like something I would do [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG : (Villain)</font> calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG: (Villain)</font> calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG: (Villain)</font> calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Well, that part was easy enough, as it tends to be.

Flop: (26 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, Villain calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, Villain calls.

Interesting. How in the world can I be behind here? I think not.

Turn: (19 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Villain calls.

OOH, SLOWPLAY, YOU STUD YOU! THAT GETS THEM EVERYTIME!

River: (22 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

/puke
Old 03-23-2005, 01:10 AM

You could be behind on the flop to a set. On the turn you have the nuts and I bet out there. What's the purpose of slowplaying at that point? There's action on the flop, so it's not like everyone is going to fold, and I think raising the turn gets more BB in overall.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:40 AM

Preflop action could mean these people all have any two cards.

On the flop, yes, I'm behind a set, but I'm ahead of a lot more.

On the turn, I figured my hand was strong enough that I wanted villains overcall. I think UTG+1 became all-in there, and it's my dumb fault for not noticing that, playing like an idiot when I'm exhausted.

Oh, and of course, on the river, I wonder how the hell that two could have helped Villain.

::sigh::