Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If I am staying on Stars, what should I do?
Build up enough of a BR at the $6.50s to handle variance at $25+$2 13 40.63%
Keep trying the $16s 10 31.25%
Take a shot at $25+$2, move back down if I drop 5-6 buyins 9 28.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: whiskeytown,

[ QUOTE ]
Montana is one of the coolest states in the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aside from the Aryan youth.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys are all morons, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Minnesota.

The cold sucks but it's not as if you guys on the east coast don't get snow and cold weather and [censored] too. The past few years the east coast has definitely had worse winters than MN.

[/ QUOTE ]

i haven't said a word about the cold. i don't mind cold weather.

minnesota sucks! no better than north dakota, south dakota, montana, iowa, nebraska, oklahoma, etc. in my book

[/ QUOTE ]

MN is nothing like any of those states. Its much more like MI or WI. Montana is one of the coolest states in the country. Never been to OK, but Iowa, Nebraska and the Dakotas suck for the most part.

What is your criteria for saying MN sucks?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, i should have included wisconsin and michigan in my original post.. good catch!

my criteria is simply as follows:

middle of nowhere

i guess that would be a criterion
Old 11-18-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys are all morons, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Minnesota.

The cold sucks but it's not as if you guys on the east coast don't get snow and cold weather and [censored] too. The past few years the east coast has definitely had worse winters than MN.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, there's only one coast now? And one latitude?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just hate the haters who haven't actually lived here and spent considerable time in the state.

If I was better with google I would pull up polls about standard of living/happiness/education systems/population intelligence/liveability and you would see MN is at the tops in all of them. I encourage someone to try to find anything to refute this claim because if you try to you'll fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget Canterbury, a damn fine card room.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:46 PM

disagree. if D thinks that someone needs to be called out... then you might as well call them out here.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I was better with google I would pull up polls about standard of living/happiness/education systems/population intelligence/liveability and you would see MN is at the tops in all of them. I encourage someone to try to find anything to refute this claim because if you try to you'll fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

A place is what you make of it. It's what you do and who you know, and what is important to you. The Twin Cities rank high on all of those things, but that matters little if those things are not important to you.

Minnesota weather is a matter of personal preference. Winters can be dreary, but activities like skiing, hiking, etc., can counteract it.

I live here for business reasons, and would rather not. I moved here from Iowa, which I found much more livable. I don't like it here because of the congestion, traffic, inadequate roads, high taxes, restrictive government, etc. Education, cultural attractions, live major league sports and such mean little to me. (On the plus side, the Vikings amuse me rather than making me suicidal.)

In an era of internet access, satellite TV, online shopping, etc., you can live anywhere without being isolated and deprived. I would rather live in rural Minnesota than in the Cities, and would rather live in the west (think mountains) than in the midwest. No one could pay me enough to live on either coast.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he pmed it to him, we wouldn't be about to have 100 posts mocking the shittiness that is minnesota.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

I like MN quite a bit....that being said I went back to Cali first good chance I got. But it *was* a close decision, believe it or not!

Yugoslav
Old 11-18-2005, 07:23 PM

Anyone who comes from a place that has sent Ted Kennedy to the Senate since 1962 has no right to complain about any place else.

Other than that, Boston seems like a nice enough place. If you can afford it.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:32 PM

How much you like California depends drastically on where in it you live and how much money you've got to do it. California is huge and varied, and is like a country in itself. So many places are awful, and some are pretty darn nice. Weather and natural environs and urban/man-made decay and cleanness and attitudes are all over the place. I'd say I don't like L.A. without hesitation, but wouldn't write off California entirely since many parts of it are amazingly beautiful and nothing like L.A.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much you like California depends drastically on where in it you live and how much money you've got to do it. California is huge and varied, and is like a country in itself. So many places are awful, and some are pretty darn nice. Weather and natural environs and urban/man-made decay and cleanness and attitudes are all over the place. I'd say I don't like L.A. without hesitation, but wouldn't write off California entirely since many parts of it are amazingly beautiful and nothing like L.A.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 9% income tax would prompt me to write off the entire state.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:49 PM

That's no joke. The income tax can make a huge downward difference in the quality of your life. 8.25% sales tax, too. California seems spectacularly inept at doing anything with it too, as almost everything seems broken down and/or poorly made in the first place.