Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Tip for driving in the mountains...

Ah yes, assholes on the Passes, always fun. Reminds me of a few years ago when I was taking Rabbit Ears Pass during a snowstorm. I was moving along okay and caught up to a car in front of me going kind of slow, no big deal as I wasn't in a rush. After following him for a little while up to the top of the pass a couple SUVs came up pretty fast on us and both he and I pulled over to let them pass at the next reasonable spot, where I also passed the slower car. Starting down the pass, around the first sharp left corner, what do I find, but one of the SUVs has lost control and lodged himself in the snowbank on the other side of the road. I stop and get out to make sure everyone is ok. Turns out these two vehicles are together and inside of each is a family from Puerto Rico. The driver then says to me, "Gee, we don't have to drive in this stuff in PR." And here I was thinking that these guys are flying because they know the roads and the conditions well, what an idiot I am. About this time a plow comes by and luckily has a chain so we can pull the guy out. I took off before they were back on the road and surprisingly they didn't catch up to me again.