Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Open up your blind stealing hands to hands like K9s, or even Q9o
No 0 0%
Depends on table tightness 8 19.05%
Yes 34 80.95%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Dating smarter / not as smart girls...your thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
This reminded me of an article by Paglia I read a few weeks ago that said guys consciously date girls in occupations seen as inferior to their own, reclaiming the breadwinner title

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds like something some feminist chick would say.

eff that, Id love to marry some chick who made way more money than me. Hell if she was really loaded, id change my last name to hers. Id gladly be Mr.Britney Spears or whatever.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:03 PM

Tom,

Currently in my relationship I do not have the "bread winner" title. Honestly, its quite relaxing and also awesome. I highly recommend it!

Slacking hard,
Xadrez
Old 12-05-2005, 03:04 PM

I'm surprised by the "it doesn't matter" votes...say there were identical twins with one having had an accident and resulting in a 20 point lower IQ, I can't believe some of you wouldn't care...

It looks like I'm in the minority with the 'looking for smarter' option...Intelligence is something I respect and look for in a girl, so why wouldn't i want a lot of it? I'd feel more emasculated if she could beat me up physically than if she happened to be more intelligent.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:08 PM

Dating stupid girls is only fun during the times of the day when your penis is inside of them.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:10 PM

Dating someone not as smart as you as one thing, because there are other things that can make spending a little time with someone worthwhile. But once you're settling down, I can't imagine doing it with someone who you don't connect with on a deeper intellectual level.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:12 PM

My thoughts are: why eliminate 98.7% of the prospective date pool?
Old 12-05-2005, 03:12 PM

OP - I like smart women, it's one of the main criteria for me when evaluating women. If she is smarter than me, that is OK too.

Xadrez - I always assumed I would be fine with this also (me not being the breadwinner), and was surprised that when my girlfriend started to outearn me (I make a good amount of $ but she really started to rake it in, she's a sitcom writer), I started to feel somewhat threatened. Took me a while to get over it.

Not as Enlightened As Others, But Working On It,
-Al
Old 12-05-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dating stupid girls is only fun during the times of the day when your penis is inside of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like dating like 4 different dumb girls. It is because they are easy to trick.

If I were to marry a girl, I would probably want a generally smart young lady though.

blake
Old 12-05-2005, 03:18 PM

i don't think occupation or breadwinner title etc. has anything to do with it for me personally. i have dated girls on all levels and i will give my own opinion. (assuming all are pretty)...

the dumb chick: makes you laugh at first b/c you just can't understand how someone could be that dense. then you realize you can actually take advantage of her b/c she is dumb and doesn't realize what is ever going on around her. but then her ignorance get old and you realize you don't want to be in a relationship in which you are taking advantage of someone. it sounds good but its actually not fulfilling and you end up getting out of it b/c you realize you two aren't on the same level.

the really smart chick: initially you are stimulated by her conversation and impressed by what she knows. you love how broad her knowledge is and finally feel like you have found someone that you can go to dinner and talk to during the meal and after the meal. you aren't intimidated by her job, you actually appreciate that she is independant. but then you start to realize that not only does she know everything but she thinks she knows everything and argues way too much. sometimes you wish she was more laid back. in the end you want someone that is smart but not way the [censored] out there.

the smart girl (like you): you realize you have everything in common with this girl and its perfect. she is smart but isn't pretentious. she is independent but she laid back and is willing to debate without argueing (if that makes sense [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]). you found the person on your level.

of course there are really smart girls out there that aren't the way i described, but i have been with a number of them that are...i am generalizing.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:20 PM

I've dated some real morons in the past, and it gets old after a while when you can't have an intelligent discussion about anything interesting. I ended up with a girl that's much smarter than me in many ways. In terms of straight IQ I'm pretty sure she'd run circles around me, but I have the edge in terms of a few more years of life experience to equalize things.

Swede