Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 06:34 PM

Default what should i do here?

104 players tourney live. Down to last 18 and with 5,700 chips i am quite a bit below avg. start with 2k, avg stack is c.12k and avg at the final table will be about 22k. Blinds are also 450 - 900.

I need to steal double though do anything other than let myself get anted away.

I am UTG and am conscious that i will be raised out of my next two blind hands and unless i have anything i have to fold so could be down to 4350 in 2 hands time. so now maybe the time to make a move.

I have K6s and decide to push all in. in truth i am hoping to pick up the 1350 in blinds. All folded to the SB who calls with 89s and gets lucky and hits his 9 and i am out.

i hate dying a slow death in tourneys so anyone think this was the right move by me or should i have held out for better cards which hadnt been coming

Thanks
Old 05-30-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: what should i do here?

I probably would've waited for a better spot.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:18 PM

I cant read.

you have like 6BB(not 2)....you should have waited for something a little better. Don't wait to much longer though.

-SFWUSC
Old 05-30-2005, 08:19 PM

I made it to the final table yesterday of a 1500$ guaranteed on EP. I was the smallest stack at the table and i came fourth. I remained the small stack until i was eliminated. I think you have to always wait for cards before pushing all in.

k6s isnt a bad push in your situation but i would have waited for better cards and yes i hate slow deaths in tournys!!!!
Old 05-30-2005, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have like 2BB....you should have pushed before this. Even doubling up doesn't help to much.

6-8 BB is way short staked.

-SFWUSC

[/ QUOTE ]

5700/900 = 6.333333333 BB
Old 05-30-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you have like 2BB....you should have pushed before this. Even doubling up doesn't help to much.

6-8 BB is way short staked.

-SFWUSC

[/ QUOTE ]

5700/900 = 6.333333333 BB

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF?
Old 05-30-2005, 09:38 PM

I agree K6 probably wasnt the best hand to go all in with but you can't guarantee getting a better hand. I see why you played it but I probably would've waited for hopefully a better one.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:49 AM

thanks guys - i suppose i am looking for some recognition that i didnt make a stupid move which has been beating me up a little bit since.

The fact remains that unless i hit great cards the next 2 hands there is NO DOUBT that i would have been raised out of my SB and BB as out of the 8 on my table, most had over 15k and the guys to my immediate left and right were aggresive and would have gambled.

Therefore, i knew that if i held on i would have been down to 4350. I would then have had 1 round to double through and even then would only be back up to 8700 and thats if i get a call. i am therefore still going to be very short stacked.

Like i said, i am not going to sit there and get raise out of the game and i felt that this was as good a time as any.

Perhaps the experts out there can let me know what my EV etc was here. Doesnt Sklansky go on about, letting go of a potential opportunity now for something better in the future.

Also in the ebd lets not forget i did get outdrawn (not thats a big deal as i hardly had fantastic cards myself). if he hadnt hit his 9 i would have doubled through