Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: How do you reduce the shaking tells?

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing and I must hve been shaking when I turned a boat, because the person next to me NOT EVEN IN THE HAND mentioned it mid hand. (Still got every chip I could though) But shaking when I have a good hand is obviously a hinderence. Any tips on how not to shake?

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta go with "stop being nervous". Realize its just a game. Do you shake when you play Madden 06?

Just try to relax and enjoy the game.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you play with the same people all the time? once i get to know someone's playing style i normally lose this tell. i think about how to make the most money against this person, rather than "oh boy i flopped a monster, im going to win!" its easy to win with a monster, but with a cool head, you can maximize your earnings if you know the other players' tendencies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get this cool calculating thing going whether I know the person or not. It's always interesting to extract money.

One thing that may help you is to concentrate on losing your tell though. If you can become aware of it (which you obviously weren't in that hand) then you may be able to control it. The other thing I think that may help is to know damn well what you're going to do. An extremely good flop may still get you shaking, but if you are just following your plan when the turn makes (or misses) your boat/flush then you won't look like you're too excited to know what to do with yourself (because you DO know what to do with yourself).
Old 11-09-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Re: How do you reduce the shaking tells?--Let them shake

Qualudes, meth whatever. If you’re just going to contribute to the noise on the board by giving a flippant response to a serious question—you know who you are—at least have the courtesy to indicate your response is not serious in your subject. That way we’ll know not to view it and waste our time.

How about this approach: instead of trying to fight off shaking hands when holding the nuts, (since I too tend to be naturally jittery) I will compensate by allowing my hands to tremble when betting medium-weak strength hands or when attempting a bluff. Obviously you don’t want to overdo it. Just allow the natural nervousness you feel when betting medium-strength hands to affect you physically. Also, obviously you need to be aware whether your opponents “know” that trembling hands usually accompanies strength.

Anyone else tried this?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:48 PM

nh
Old 11-09-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you shake when you play Madden 06?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it wrong if I answer yes to this question?