Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2005, 06:49 AM

Default 99 in MP after a semi-loose utg raise and cap... skip 2nd paragraph

Hey all, I have been reading this forumn for months, quite diligently recently, but I just started playing a week ago and hence never had a reason to post untill tonight.

Since I plan to post here frequently I'll give a short personal poker history first, if you dont wanna read it (I dont blame you) skip the rest of this paragraph. I've been watching poker on TV and loving it for a few years, and so I recently got some friends to start a regular home game a few months ago. I quickly fell in love and started reading books, then online message boards. I soon realized if i got good quickly i could avoid getting a real summer job (something I've dreaded) by making money online. With the stongest of motivators, indolence, I dedicated my off hours to improving my non-existent poker skills. I read Holdem Poker for Advanded Players about 5 times (an average, I skipped around a lot). I read the limit section of SS2 an equal amount. With that knoweledge, plus what I've gleaned from here, I considered myself ready enough to get some hands under my belt. I bought pt and started playing party 2/4 last week, moving up to 4 tables my second day, and am now up 5 BB/100 hands (I know it wont last) after a little over 6k hands.

Im still having problems though, and am not sure how to deal with certain scenarios I have never encountered. This is one of those. Villian is 60/16/1.00 after about 20 hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

I think I played this wrong, I'd like to think it was because I am still getting used to 4 tables and just got aces at another table (seriously), but I don't know exactly what I should have done. I think I tend to make mistakes against people with fishy stats by over-adjusting my play. I think my play pre-flop was ok, but after it was 4 bet, i dont think i can call down the with that hand with a K hitting.

I'm getting verbose (nervous 1st post?), basically what i want to know is, should I have folded the flop or turn if at all? I think it should have been the flop, but that seems so weak with those pot odds... but its still my choice because of my horrible reverse implied odds.