Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: 10 Reasons to avoid TruePoker

I also have been away from True for a long time. The last time I played there was for a Zoo Tourny (which paid me a little cash), and I could not remember my ID (which is different than my screen name). I emailed support, and got a response in 15 minutes. Although it was my misunderstanding and I had to email again, I got a further resonse in 10 minutes and was playing in 15..........try that on Party.

As for the site itself, it is not my favorite either, but like everything else in the top ten of poker rooms, I'll still play there on occasion. In addition, they added a reload bonus for us (or maybe a coincidence, but good none the less) and I get a free $100 - which means my WSOP raffle entry is FREE!

How can I beat that?

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2005, 11:26 PM

[quote Truepokers software, instead of appealing to the largest market segment ended up appealing to a much narrower band.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point, and agree with amost all of what you wrote. But where i think you are wrong is in assuming that the largest market segment is here at 2+2. Given Party's marketing advantages, TP would be far more popular, and I think this would be due to the realistic nature of the site. It would also help if they spread lower limit games.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:11 AM

You do realize ODR is doing 8 tables at a time on True, right? I was suprized how quickly I could adapt to the tables (after killing the talking).
Old 05-24-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I see your point, and agree with amost all of what you wrote. But where i think you are wrong is in assuming that the largest market segment is here at 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said the largest market is here at twoplustwo. Lots of segments frequent twoplustwo. This particular forum is inhabited by a lot of Grinders. Grinders are also a narrow band but an extremely valuable one for reasons I will not discuss here.

Stu
Old 05-24-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. The small blind and the big blind are the same size?
2. The hands go too slow
3. It is hard to follow the action with the over-emphasized 3D graphics
4. Whistle letting player know it is his turn is not loud enough
5. Player and dealer talk is too loud and too much (Yes you can turn this off)
6. Players get timed out too quickly making it difficult to multi-table
7. Punishment for timing out is getting booted off the table? (This happened to me several times)
8. The hands go too slow (yes this deserves mention twice)
9. When sitting down at a table it is hard to enter buy-in amount. The scroll bar will often pass the desired amount. I.E. If I am buying in at a $1/2 table for $50, it will often scroll from $49 to $50. When I go to type 50 in the box, oftentimes it is difficult to erase the existing number or type over it.
10. The black guy smokes at the table. How rude!

I have to admit that the TruePoints store is amongst the best out there though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I felt the need to address these concerns. I feel that I am well qualified seeing how I have played almost 50,000 hands there in the last 18 days.

Naturally, they will be sending me to the WSOP, so I may be prejudiced, BUT I THINK NOT!

1. Promotes action

2. I am averaging way better than 400 hands per hour. Tops was right around 475 per hour. How many hands do you need to play in one hour?

3. I did struggle the first 20-30 hours with this while 8-tabling, however, I have now adjusted and it is no problem. If one is just playing 1 or 2 tables, I don't see how you could make this comment.

4. I have the sound off and I don't have any trouble knowing when it is my turn to act.

5. Once again sound off.

6. Not a problem for me and I am 8-tabling.

7. This has never happened to me.

8. See number 2.

9. I will give you this one.

10. Ever play live poker where everyone at the table is smoking?

Truepoker has stepped up and shown alot of interest in developing ways to attract players to their site by listening to what we as players have to say. I cannot think of no other better reason than to play at TruePoker. When's the last time did any of the other major sites listen to what you had to say? It would have been one thing to state these as your own personal list why you do not care for TruePoker, and for you that could be valid. But to suggest that players should avoid TruePoker for the reasons you suggest is ridiculus.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:56 AM

My only suggestion for TruePoker so is a 4-color deck. I need that if I am going to play at a site for any length of time.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Truepoker has stepped up and shown alot of interest in developing ways to attract players to their site by listening to what we as players have to say. I cannot think of no other better reason than to play at TruePoker. When's the last time did any of the other major sites listen to what you had to say? /quote]

I'd say the closest would be AP's dealing with mircrobob to fix his problems (along with everyone else's lagging).

But, the REAL reason to play TP - the CS AND Tech support actually respond to problems with sensible solutions in 10min or less (mostly) then appologize for a) it taking so long and b) letting a bug get by.

Just TRY to get that type of support at Party (or any place else).
Old 05-24-2005, 01:03 AM

i thought the whole interface was too overdone, i like it to be pretty minimalistic and this site was anything but. however, i wouldnt bash a site over an attribute that is a matter of preference. but yes, i also noticed that the crazy 3dness of it all seemed to slow the site down quite a bit.

rj
Old 05-24-2005, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. The small blind and the big blind are the same size?
2. The hands go too slow
3. It is hard to follow the action with the over-emphasized 3D graphics
4. Whistle letting player know it is his turn is not loud enough
5. Player and dealer talk is too loud and too much (Yes you can turn this off)
6. Players get timed out too quickly making it difficult to multi-table
7. Punishment for timing out is getting booted off the table? (This happened to me several times)
8. The hands go too slow (yes this deserves mention twice)
9. When sitting down at a table it is hard to enter buy-in amount. The scroll bar will often pass the desired amount. I.E. If I am buying in at a $1/2 table for $50, it will often scroll from $49 to $50. When I go to type 50 in the box, oftentimes it is difficult to erase the existing number or type over it.
10. The black guy smokes at the table. How rude!

I have to admit that the TruePoints store is amongst the best out there though.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) this is true only at 1/2 which is also their lowest fixed table.
2) They seem to be fast enough to me.
4) Whistle? Are you playing at the True Poker. The dealers voice comes on and he/she says "it's your bet" that is folowed up by a bell-yes only 1 ring-this could be a it nastier and louder but you do get 2 warnings.
6) You said the game goes too slow now you say players get timed out too quickly?
7) You do not get booted off the table when you time out. Maybe you have a problem with your ISP.
9) Never used the scroll bar to buy-in at a table yet in the past 2 years. All you do is type in what you want to start with.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Re: 10 Suggestion for TruePoker

Got my 2 shirts from free gear week about 2 weeks ago.