Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Oops

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (9.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, CO calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 12.20 BB

I was clicking something and PS conveniently popped up on me and I raised.

Postflop comments? Read on flop bettor is he's a loose/action type, I thought check raising the field would be a good play. In retrospect I am having doubts about the check though. Even loose/action players will slow down with 4 wheel cards on the board. Betting and being raised (which is unlikely), flush draws, aces, and sets won't fold anyway. Weak deuces and fours wont induce much action on the river anyway. Bad idea?
Old 01-11-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Oops

Unfortunate that UTG+2 didn't bet the turn, he could well have been on some misguided attempt to bluff at the pot on the flop - betting out on the flop probably would have been good anyway as the preflop raise means many people will not put you on a hand that has a 3 in it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2005, 09:14 PM

I'm crazy enough that I would have probably continued the bluff and bet the flop, since I raised PF. Heck, you can consider it a value bet almost since you're getting 13-1 on your needed 11-1 shot for the straight. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The way it played out, even though a C/R would be fun, I'd probably just bet the turn. Two possible flush draws now, and I'd hate seeing it get checked through.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:55 PM

I'd bet the turn. No one's going to put you on holding a 3, given your PF raise, so they'll gladly pay you off. Plus, there are too many players on board for any of them to get aggressive ... they're afraid someone else will have the 3.