Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Advice on Absolute

I saw that Absolute Poker is offering a 35% deposit bonus for first timers. How are the players on this site and what is game selection like?

I saw from the post by MicroBob that their service is good so i'll probably give them a try anyway but wanted to see if there are any negative opinions of the site.

thanks
Old 06-08-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Advice on Absolute

the games can be a little weak tight. they're definitely beatable though and sometimes the games can be easy. The split games are always very beatable and usually reach the raked hand requirement (which you need to clear the bonus). They offer continual bonuses which is nice... and you can also combine that with rakeback (even nicer).
Old 06-08-2005, 05:23 PM

Use NETeller and go for the 50% bonus instead.

Also I'd suggest waiting until you have a full $1K to deposit as this is a huge bonus that can really help build your bankroll, and you don't want to miss the whole offer.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also I'd suggest waiting until you have a full $1K to deposit as this is a huge bonus that can really help build your bankroll, and you don't want to miss the whole offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this isn't really an issue since the OP could just withdraw a decent sum after he deposits as much as he has and do the seemingly endless reloads they offer.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:42 PM

The games are tighter than on most sites. As mentioned, many are weak-tight (so just convince them it is smart to fold [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). It is not possible to do much table selection since the player base is not large (once 3 full 1/2-tables were active and 4 players played all of them and all had players pr flop between 24-27%).

It is a good site to learn that tight games are very beatable (you can abuse that people play "correct" preflop).
Old 06-08-2005, 05:46 PM

Yeah but usually deposit bonuses are easier to clear than reloads, although it eludes me if this is the case on Absolute.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but usually deposit bonuses are easier to clear than reloads, although it eludes me if this is the case on Absolute.

[/ QUOTE ]
it's not. all Absolute bonuses are standard 10x raked hands.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:49 PM

This is what you need to know:

1) GET A RAKEBACK DEAL!

2) Use Neteller and get a 50% bonus (pay close attention, sometimes they offer another $50 for 1st timers making it $550 for a $1000 deposit).

3) The bonus clears in $10 chunks - you play 100 raked hands (about 120-140 depending) and they transfer $10 (usually in <10 min).

4) Hand histories are NOT saved to you HD, you must ask and they only go back 200 hands, SO, ask every hour for the last 200.

5) Get a rakeback deal - it does NOT affect bonus clearing and all extra $$ is GOOD.

6) AP has a 3 table limit.

7) There is usually 200-600 in reloads offered every week, so don't fret if you miss one.

8) If you withdraw 12hrs before a reload you are NOT eligable for the reload (again, don't worry another is coming in a few days).

9) You have to wait 48 hrs after deposit to withdraw

10) Get a rakeback deal.

11) It can take up to 72 hrs for a withdraw to process (not the norm)

12) Get a rakeback deal.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this isn't really an issue since the OP could just withdraw a decent sum after he deposits as much as he has and do the seemingly endless reloads they offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone have any experience with this? What I am unclear on is whether you can use the same code (say MAY20) later on in a month. Say for example that on the first weekend of May you deposited $500 to get $100 in bonus. Let's say mid week you withdraw back to your Neteller account and on weekend 2 you reload using MAY20 again (they use the same code for each month). Is this possible? Would this violate their T&C? I contacted support and asked them this and they said it would not be a problem, however has anyone actually done this without a problem?
Old 06-08-2005, 10:31 PM

yes, no problem.