Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Completing form SB

Hopefully this should be standard stuff but never hurts to check right? It's not too uncommon for me to run into a hand like the following:

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets, Hero ???

CO is 59/14/0.72 over ~70 hands. Was pretty weak and seemed to fairly consistently bet any street somebody else didn't.
BB is 44/6/1.94 over the same. Seemed like a pretty decent player

Now my questions are:

1. I know when facing a raise it's pretty much reraise or fold from the SB but when one opponent from late has limped and the BB is pretty passive preflop is limping the way to go? It's too good to lay down and it seems pretty unlikely the BB is folding to a raise.

2. What if the BB was really tight? What's the worst hand you'd raise here to fold the BB and punish the CO for limping with crap?

3. With an aggressive BB and NO draw this flop is an easy fold unless I'm way off. But what kind of draw is enough to raise the CO on? The 2 overs plus a gutshot? 2 overs plus a gutshot and a bdfd? Better than that? How much lower would the C/R bar be if the BB was really weak?
Old 12-15-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Completing form SB

1) raise
2) raise
3) I have no idea seeing as you didn't raise PF. The pots small so c/f is fine i guess, but raise PF.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:06 AM

Ok. So if we raise I assume we'll lead the flop. Lets say we get the flop we did, we lead, and both call. I feel like this is REALLY common when the flop is so low and your bet is a contination bet. The turn is Tc. Are we leading into two people again? Check/folding? Check/calling?

If just the CO had called the flop are we bet/folding? Seems reasonable as long as you mix it up with check/folding and check/raising when we have a hand so you don't get bluffed on the turn all the time.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:22 AM

My standard play is to continue-bet the turn if it's heads-up, otherwise check-fold.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. So if we raise I assume we'll lead the flop. Lets say we get the flop we did, we lead, and both call. I feel like this is REALLY common when the flop is so low and your bet is a contination bet. The turn is Tc. Are we leading into two people again? Check/folding? Check/calling?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no standard play there. I'd mix it up between bet/fold and c/f.

[ QUOTE ]
If just the CO had called the flop are we bet/folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn? Yes bet/fold and c/c the river most of the time UI.