Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 03:14 AM

Default Re: A tournament poker spin on cash game bet sizing

[ QUOTE ]

i disagree with this observation.
more often people are more willing to gamble it up early in there session as they still have a lot of time to "get it back".
the time to start bullying people, is when they are winning and thinking about leaving, that is when they will be hesitant to play a big pot as they are thinking of leaving soon and don't want to "give it back".

[/ QUOTE ]

To add this, from my limited live experience, I start bullying a lot more after someone has dropped 3+ buyins and is clearly concerned about losing a 4th, etc...
Old 12-04-2005, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i disagree with this observation.
more often people are more willing to gamble it up early in there session as they still have a lot of time to "get it back".
the time to start bullying people, is when they are winning and thinking about leaving, that is when they will be hesitant to play a big pot as they are thinking of leaving soon and don't want to "give it back".

[/ QUOTE ]

To add this, from my limited live experience, I start bullying a lot more after someone has dropped 3+ buyins and is clearly concerned about losing a 4th, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

I also find that some players will tighten up for the rest of the session after doubling up.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:58 AM

Good post Apathy.

Riverboat's 2nd point seems to be the most universally true (both online & live) - big scorers @ the end of a session go into tight mode.

I agree with Apathy's point in application to cash games, but with all of the deducible "it is tricker in a cash game" points.

- but the principle is the same. You hope they put much more money into the pot in order to defend / push you out when they are already beat.

Sometimes I'll blur the lines with impatience/greed etc & get it all in with my AK on a [A 4 3 3] board agaist someone one "making a stand" with 44. But oh well right?