Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Are the ROI\'s in the FAQ really attainable

I am currently trying to master the 10+1 tourneys at party poker and get my bankroll up to 1000 or so (where it once was before I got carried away and lost it playing out of my roll) in which case then I would feel comfortable moving up to the 22's. I have a plan to stay at the 22's for a good while until I have the roll to start 4 tabling the 109's comfortably. I will just skip past the 30's and 50's since I have seen that on here many people have said their not worth it. I figured at about 15% ROI (notice i'm giving myself the benefit of the doubt here, the FAQ said 20% should be attainable, but I'd rather figure lower and then over achieve) I should be able to get to 10,000-15,000 after around 6-8 months of playing the 22's considering I'm planning on playing an average of 20 per day, and then go to the 109's. If I then move up and start 4 tabling the 109's and play 20 a day at just 5% ROI (again giving myself a lower expectancy then the FAQ suggests), I calculated that I could be making over 35,000 a year just playing 20 109's per day at that ROI. Is that a reasonable goal, does anyone else on here come close to these numbers, or is this just wishful thinking...The 215's would be an even greater number...
Old 11-21-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Are the ROI\'s in the FAQ really attainable

Why skip the 33s and 55s? I definately think they're worth it. I think it would be a huge mistake to go straight to 109s. Drastic change in your opponents being one reason.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why skip the 33s and 55s? I definately think they're worth it. I think it would be a huge mistake to go straight to 109s. Drastic change in your opponents being one reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a true statement, I don't know where you saw that but it is wrong.

FYI, if you look in the archives you'll find a bunch of posts where eastbay (one of the most respected posters in this forum) was crushing the 55s and managed to lose a ton every time he moved to the 109s. Something to think about, he doesn't post much anymore so I don't know if he ever did make the transition.

Also, the ROIs in the FAQ are numbers that can be considered "good". I've seen better, but I would be happy with those numbers at the high levels.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:43 AM

Ok if I do play the 33's and 55's and have the ROI and money to move up, is it possible to make those kinda figures at the 109's, and how many people actually do it...
Old 11-21-2005, 10:43 AM

The ROI's are attainable but I wouldn't recommend you to jump directly from 22s to 109s. You have no idea whether YOU can attain those ROI's. Play some sng's and don't bother about calculating yearly income. And no, I don't think it is a reasonable goal.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok if I do play the 33's and 55's and have the ROI and money to move up, is it possible to make those kinda figures at the 109's, and how many people actually do it...

[/ QUOTE ]

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great. "
-Jimmy Dugan, A League of their Own
Old 11-21-2005, 10:49 AM

I never assumed it was easy. I understand that it takes a lot of hard work to reach those numbers, believe me I don't think it will be a cakewalk at all I was just basically asking if anyone else had come close to putting these kind of numbers up.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:06 AM

Personally I've been playing SNGs for 2+ years, and 25% ROI at the $33s is definitely attainable, as is 15% ROI at the $55s. I've been crushing the $55s recently for a 20%+ ROI in the last few hundred. Call it a heater, but I've only been playing at nights, when the action is donkkkk-tastic!
Old 11-21-2005, 11:07 AM

5% ROI in the 109's isn't too hard to reach. I play a very "first oriented" game (poor ITM average but HIGH 1st vs. 2nd and 3rd) and I'm at 17% right now at 55's and 109's, 50/50 split and about 1K tournies.

In 6 months of "working on your poker game" if you scored 1,200 or higher on your SAT it won't be hard at all.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a plan to stay at the 22's for a good while until I have the roll to start 4 tabling the 109's comfortably. I will just skip past the 30's and 50's since I have seen that on here many people have said their not worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

When/if the time comes that you decide to go straight from the 22s to the 109s, I'll take any action that you're willing to give that you won't be able to jump right in and beat them for anywhere close to 5%. PM me when you get there.