Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 12:05 PM

Default I really wish 2+2 would offer this format

http://www.gamblersbook.com/weblink....il/494701.html

I love this. I don't know how economical it would be or how the business aspect works with it...But damn I would love it if i could listen to 2+2 books on my ipod while I'm working...
Old 11-10-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: I really wish 2+2 would offer this format

Here! Here!
Old 11-10-2005, 02:06 PM

You could always pull out your microphone on your computer and read the book out loud and record it.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:51 PM

If 2+2 books, in particular HOH and TOP were available in an audio format there is an extremely high probability that I would buy them.

I do audiobooks. I have, I believe 15-20 on my ipod. I have been considering asking about audio formats for weeks now after seeing Phil Gordon's book on audible.

And to toss another idea out there, a 2+2 podcast would take about nine seconds to be the #1 poker podcast out there. Lessons, hand analysis perhaps of hands from recent televised tourneies, interviews.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I do audiobooks. I have, I believe 15-20 on my ipod. I have been considering asking about audio formats for weeks now after seeing Phil Gordon's book on audible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are any of those poker books besides Gordon's? Is Gordon's book on CD or tape? Thanks.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:49 PM

I agree that I would want them, aqnd would certainly buy them...( all) but on the other hand then they are too easily pirated. Then anybody who wouldn't go through the effort of buying and reading the book would just steal it online and get the information out of it with no effort (and at no cost). Alot more of your opponents would be "book educated" ( bad for business ) without the publishers getting their fair share of the profits.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that I would want them, aqnd would certainly buy them...( all) but on the other hand then they are too easily pirated. Then anybody who wouldn't go through the effort of buying and reading the book would just steal it online and get the information out of it with no effort (and at no cost). Alot more of your opponents would be "book educated" ( bad for business ) without the publishers getting their fair share of the profits.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's silly. Its the same for all audio books and all music. If someone wants to steal copyrighted material, they are going to do it. People have also scanned and circulated books that were subject to copyright via the internet...

The fact that it can be pirated is not enough of a reason not to do it.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:58 PM

I'm not saying not to do it. I agree 100% with what you said about pirateing software, my main concern wouldn't be people not paying for it. ( you can read the books in the bookstores without paying for them either ). I just don't want every jerkbag and their grandma getting the information that they wouldn't have the patience to get if they actually had to sit down and read it. Based on the fact that most of my friends won't read poker books ...because they hate to read. They like to play it and they want to get better but they won't put the effort into reading, and I like having that advantage over lazy people.

"But that's me and I could be wrong" - Tyler Durden
Old 11-10-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You could always pull out your microphone on your computer and read the book out loud and record it.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i had to listen to myself for 8 hours a day in headphones i'd commit suicide.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying not to do it. I agree 100% with what you said about pirateing software, my main concern wouldn't be people not paying for it. ( you can read the books in the bookstores without paying for them either ). I just don't want every jerkbag and their grandma getting the information that they wouldn't have the patience to get if they actually had to sit down and read it. Based on the fact that most of my friends won't read poker books ...because they hate to read. They like to play it and they want to get better but they won't put the effort into reading, and I like having that advantage over lazy people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to agree. But I'd buy all the 2+2 audio books in a second. Couldn't they make like a subscriber webpage for them or something?
Old 11-10-2005, 09:04 PM

I`ve been suggesting this concept to Mason for a very very long time.

jim grass