Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 01:43 AM

Default need advice...

Alright, my experience is in small stakes NL and even more so limit. I have recently been playing Party Poker tournaments and doing pretty well at the 10man sit-and-go's, however, i decided to take a stab at some satellites, the first two sub-qualifiers i entered, i made it to the final multi-table, and placed in the first, 400/2200, and 36/80. The strategy change i use at the final multitable involves playing a bit tighter and a little more passive, at first at least. Anyways, i basically can't succeed at these final multitables and want to know why, or where can i get the advice to learn? is Sklansky's book the best advice on the topic?
Old 10-25-2004, 02:44 AM

Default Re: need advice...

These forums are probably the best place to learn.
There are good books on the subjects. Check the books forum for recommendations.

As for why things aren't working out at the final table:

It's likely that your tight passive strategy that gets you fairly deep in these tournaments leaves you shortish stacked. If you don't learn to change gears, the people left with you at the final tables will often pick you apart slowly, and since there are usually no prizes for the bottom final table finishes, you have to be willing to take risks.

Anyway, I'm very tired. Short answer is, you've got the first step to getting better already done, finding this forum.

Good luck,

citanul

ps: i ahve no idea what your numbers in your post mean. with the / in the middle.