Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2004, 01:19 PM

Default how much $ do you keep on UB??

My UB account is getting fairly large...I'm wondering what the smart thing to do is, in regards to cashing out...has anyone had any trouble withdrawing a large sum from UB to Firepay or elsewhere?

Do you "trust" UB with 4 or 5 figure sums or do you keep the majority of your bankroll off the poker sites?

Thanks!
Old 10-19-2004, 02:07 PM

Default Re: how much $ do you keep on UB??

I generally keep no more than 100 BB's on any site for the stakes I play. I can't say about Firepay because I don't use them, but I generally keep the majority of my online bankroll that I'm not using on Neteller. Just for clarity on a typical day I may have.......

100 BB's on Party
100 BB's on Paradise
a few hundred $ on UB
a few hundred $ on Stars
a thousand scattered around various sites chasing bonuses
a thousand or two in neteller waiting on bonus opportunities

I don't think there is any reason to keep 200 or more BB's on any individual site. While I believe there is little chance of one of the "majors" will take your money and run, there are other things that can happen (account piracy, etc...). There is also very little reason when you can reload quickly from neteller in case of a bad run. I also cash out monthly or so, keeping my entire online bankroll at no more than 4 figures. I feel more comfortable this way. Hope this helps!
Old 10-19-2004, 02:46 PM

I generally keep no more than 100 BB's on any site for the stakes I play.

If you multitable that's not nearly enough. Playing 4 tables (OK at UB you can only play 3) with a 25X buy-in has you playing your entire roll. Nothing left to rebuy if you need to.

Lost Wages
Old 10-19-2004, 03:53 PM

Very true, but I rarely play more than 2 tables, so I have a buy in and full rebuy for each table. If I am playing 3 tables 1 will be a tourney every time. I guess I am not as serious as most on here, but I find 2 tables very comfortable and unstressful. But, you are right, if you are 4 tabling consistently I would think you would want 200 BB's on the site so you would have a buy in and full rebuy available for each table. Good point.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:12 PM

I also keep just enough at each site I play to have maybe 5-6 table buy ins, so I can play multiple tables and reload if i have to. I trust the big sites with my money, but I trust Neteller a lot more, so I keep the bulk of my BR at Neteller and it is available to chase nice bonus' that come up.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:04 PM

For what its worth, I trust UB and have withdrawn over $4K from them over the past 8 months. We would have heard about it if there were problems cashing out large amounts of money because there are very big games going all the time. $25/$50 blinds NLHE with big names...including several 2+2ers.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$25/$50 blinds NLHE with big names...including several 2+2ers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is the strongest evidence of all imo.
There is some pretty large money on the bigger games there. I would suspect those guys wouldn't play there if they had any troubles cashing-out.

I don't play there that much and have not had cause to cash-out any significant amount from there at one shot.
But I've bought-in and cashed-out several times for $500-$1k for bonuses, etc....and their cash-outs are usually pretty fast and I've never had a hassle there.

If I played there more I would not be uncomfortable keeping a larger amount there.....but I also don't see why it should be necessary.
Cash-out $1k at a time if you like.
Heck, cash-out $63 at a time if it floats your boat. No big deal.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I generally keep no more than 100 BB's on any site for the stakes I play.

If you multitable that's not nearly enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter if he has a coupla k in neteller also.