Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2005, 04:56 AM

Default Re: Moving to LA in a month or two? Convince me...

I currently live in LA as you know.

I like the diversity of things to do. Millions of bars, restaurants, clubs, art galleries, museums, sporting events, live music, etc to never get bored or not have a place to go. The weather is also a huge plus worth repeating.

The cons are most definately the over-crowding which leads to traffic. Traffic is the #1 worst thing about LA. The other thing is the sometimes bullshit attitude of the "hollywood" crowd at bars and clubs which can be avoided by not going to those places.

I really think you'll enjoy LA, and you already know some people here like the nit and my bro and me from the one time I've met you. The making friends thing can be a little hard just because people in LA seem to be a little less friendly, but I can't really speak to that since I've lived here all my life and have made friends mostly at school and jobs.

I still say moving here is a good idea. Also, Culver City is a good consideration for a cheaper area to live on the Westside. They have been renovating a lot of areas in that city and are doing a great job. You can also look in Palms, Miracle Mile, and the Hollywood area which is where I live, although this may be getting too "East" for you.

Hope that helped.