Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 11:58 AM

Default TT sb

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter

BB (t2255)
UTG (t3320)
MP (t3200)
CO (t1730)
Button (t855)
Hero (t2140)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t200</font>, Hero ??
Old 08-27-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: TT sb

instincts want me to push, but raising 1/4 stack behind bigstack limper? don't know that i want to risk 1/2 my chips to find out i'm dominated. pushing over with bigstack still to react is a little disheartening also. what else can we do...call? i don't care for that much either. short of flopping a set, we're going to have troubles proceeding on the flop. this is certainly on the weak side, but i just pretend i didn't see this fine hand and fold. with any luck bigstack is limping with a monster of his own and will take care of business.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
instincts want me to push, but raising 1/4 stack behind bigstack limper? don't know that i want to risk 1/2 my chips to find out i'm dominated. pushing over with bigstack still to react is a little disheartening also. what else can we do...call? i don't care for that much either. short of flopping a set, we're going to have troubles proceeding on the flop. this is certainly on the weak side, but i just pretend i didn't see this fine hand and fold. with any luck bigstack is limping with a monster of his own and will take care of business.

[/ QUOTE ]

this reminds me of this time i had KK in an identical situation and this guy raised and i didnt want to involve half of my stack on the chance the guy had AA, so i just folded.

folding is terrible. calling is less than 10% of your stack and you're getting nearly 2-1 (325/175)on your money with what is very likely the best hand.

reraising isnt terrible either if you want to race...
Old 08-27-2005, 04:10 PM

i'll agree to disagree with you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (i'm pushing KK btw)

calling is a little better than pushing
folding is a little better than calling (IMO)

my 2k in chips clearing the blinds are worth much more to me than potentially losing 1/2-1/3...even 1/10th of my chips finding out where we stand (or more likely, NOT finding out). maintaining your healthy stack at this level for OPEN-aggression in later levels is paramount.

you do not have the calling odds to flop a set. and you have virtually no way to proceed safely on any other flop. you just don't have the chips to "find out" if you're good on the flop. a fold makes a lot of sense when your ONLY likely option post-flop is check/folding, or blind pushing.

no shame what so ever in folding this hand.