Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: What Bigwig has been up to since his meltdown last Sunday

Im sure you have looked at all the numbers. We all have spreadsheets, tables, or graphs we have done from the 10s to the 215s. Hell, I love to sit there and daydream about the day I will 8-table the 215's for a 10% ROI. Than I fire up another $10+1 SnG. 8-tabling the 33s with a healthy ROI is a nice income. But you will probably have maxed out the ROI at this level. So if you eventually want to earn more you need to get past the 55s or play MTT's or Ring to increase your income. I think it just depends on what you want now and want you want in the future from poker.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have any answers to your questions but I have a question of my own.

You have lots of 20s and 30s under your belt from before. How many games of 20s and how many 30s did you play and what was your ROI at each level?

I am in the 20s (8 tabling them now) and will soon move to the 30s most likely. How did you find the play in the 30s compared to the 20s and 50s?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't answer about the 50s as it's been a long while since I was there, but a lot of the play at the 30s is terrible, I notice maybe one or two what I'd call decent players at the table, one or two tight (which isn't necessarily the same thing), and then a mixture of donks, LAG players, calling stations etc. Even the one or two decent ones have leaks for the most part (not saying I don't too, but theirs are certainly noticeable)
Old 08-10-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have any answers to your questions but I have a question of my own.

You have lots of 20s and 30s under your belt from before. How many games of 20s and how many 30s did you play and what was your ROI at each level?

I am in the 20s (8 tabling them now) and will soon move to the 30s most likely. How did you find the play in the 30s compared to the 20s and 50s?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't answer about the 50s as it's been a long while since I was there, but a lot of the play at the 30s is terrible, I notice maybe one or two what I'd call decent players at the table, one or two tight (which isn't necessarily the same thing), and then a mixture of donks, LAG players, calling stations etc. Even the one or two decent ones have leaks for the most part (not saying I don't too, but theirs are certainly noticeable)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I do notice a significant difference in skill level at the $30s. More of everything that is bad. Like, mini-raising with J8s from MP and then calling someone's significant all-in. Plays like that happen seemingly twice as often at the $30s than $50s.