Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 01-07-2004, 03:08 PM

Default 5 hands. Good? Bad? Straightforward?

Any comments very welcome

Hand 1
Paradise 2/4. 7 players.
Dealt 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB

UTG calls, fold, fold, call, fold (sb), I check.

4 see a Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, UTG bets, fold, call, I call

3 see the Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, check, check

3 see the River: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, UTG calls, fold

Hand 2
Paradise 2/4. 8 players.
Dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG +1

UTG folds, I raise, fold, fold, fold, call, call (sb), fold

3 see the Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

check (sb), I bet, fold, call

2 see the Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

check (sb), I bet, call

River: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check (sb), I check

Hand 3
Paradise 2/4. 8 players.
Dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB

UTG calls, fold, fold, call, call, fold, fold, I check

4 see the Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, check, bet, call, I call, fold

3 see the Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, check, check

River:K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, call, raise, I call, fold

Hand 4
Paradise 2/4. 8 players.
Dealt 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP

UTG folds, fold, call, I raise, fold, fold, call (sb), fold, call

3 see the Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

check (sb), bet, I raise, fold (sb), call

2 see the Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, I check

River:6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, I check

Hand 5
Paradise 2/4. 10 players.
Dealt T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in early MP

UTG folds, call, call, I raise, fold, fold, fold, call, fold, fold (bb), call, call

4 see the Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG +1 check, check, I bet, call, fold, call

3 see the Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

check, I bet, raise, fold, I reraise, raise (and capped), I
call

Heads up at the River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

bet, I call
Old 01-07-2004, 03:26 PM

Default Re: 5 hands. Good? Bad? Straightforward?

Feel free to dispute my commments...

Hand 1: I usually bet the turn in that situation. Top pair is going to call. A check-raise when a flush card hits is so obvious that you may lose everyone at the turn.

Hand 2: KTs in EP, I would just call. Bet the river. You can't be afraid of the ace.

Hand 3: Hard to tell you what to do on the flop and turn since it depends on the table. 3-bet the river, especially since you missed your chance to show strength before.

Hand 4: I was gonna say bet the river, but I think you are only called if you are beat, so check is ok.

Hand 5: Looks ok to me. Edit: After reading Lost Wages response, he's right about the raise. AK is not a threat based on the turn action.

Old 01-07-2004, 03:31 PM

Default Re: 5 hands. Good? Bad? Straightforward?

Hand 1)
I would bet the flop. If you get some folds then you have a chance to win the hand without improving. If you get some calls then it cost you nothing or maybe is even +EV. Betting your good hands from the BB gives you cover for those times you want to bluff.

The flush coming in on the turn will freeze-up a lot of players who bet the flop with top pair and get called in a couple of spots so betting the turn is best after you check-called the flop.

Hand 2)
I wouldn't raise KTs UTG+1 limper or no limper. Iwould prefer to play it multiway for 1 bet than shorthanded for 2. Bet the river.

Hand 3)
You left a lot of bets on the table postflop. Easy reraise on the river give the action. Raiser has Kx.

Hand 4)
Bet the turn and check the river if you wish. Checking behind on the turn headsup invites him to bet the river which you will have to call.

Hand 5)
Raise the river but just call a 3-bet.

Lost Wages

Old 01-07-2004, 06:28 PM

Default Results

Hand 1
My flush was good, opponent had Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Lost Wages, I don't think you read this right. I'm not gonna win this without improving surely. But I agree I should have bet the turn

Hand 2
Again I was good when my oppenent turned over J
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

LW and el grande. I think your both correct. I played this fairly horribly.

Hand 3
Lost, opponent had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

EL and LW: I think your right about 3 betting the river, with a K and Q now on the board I'm not so worried about my kicker as theres been no strength shown pre or post flop, but I'm still fairly sure I'm chopping. Incidently (and I should have mentioned this, sorry), the guy who won had posted pre-flop (just joined game)

LW: I disagree about leaving bets on the table postflop. With 3 others seeing the flop in a LL game, I'm not very happy with my kicker

Hand 4
Lost opponent had K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

LW: Yes I think your right

Hand 5
Lost opponent had J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

EG & LW: Yes I shoulda raised. Just unfortuante I guess. I couldnt put him on JJ cos of the cold call pre-flop (surely he should have raised), and his actions on the turn didnt suggest AK so I thought/hoped he had a smaller set. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks for the reply guys
Old 01-07-2004, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Results

Hand 1)
Lost Wages, I don't think you read this right. I'm not gonna win this without improving surely.

Sorry, I did read it right I just didn't do a good job of explaining myself. What I meant was that if you bet the flop and get some folds then it's headsup and you bet the turn even if you miss then you might win it right there. Checking and calling gives you one way to win, betting gives you two.

Lost Wages
Old 01-07-2004, 06:52 PM

Default thanks for clarifying n/m