Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-14-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Crazy Caesars Indiana 6/12 Trip Report

I didn't even want to play poker tonight. I went to the Louisville Chicago St. game and cheered for Chicago St. That didn't work out too well. On the way home a buddy calls and wants to go to the boat. I say "Alright, we will get somethin to eat there. I doubt I'm staying long, I don't care to play poker." My buddies intentions were to play some cards, I found this out on the way there.

We get there and there is two seats open at 6/12. Sweet, we take them and my other buddy plays 2/4 cause he had like 60 bucks on him. I take seat 7 and my friend takes 6. For about the first hour it was pretty normal. One pot could be 6 handed to the flop and then the next chop the blinds. There was one super donk in 10 who rarely missed a flop. There were two tags not including me and my friend is semi-tag (decent).

About an hour into the game some crazy ass lady sits down and announces that it is her 29th anniversary of her 22nd birthday. She was quite possibly the loudest drunk woman I have ever been around, but she didn't really say anything important, just blah blah blah. At one point a 65 or so year old man asked my buddy if he could rent his iPod. He said he doesn't care if he will like the music or not.

A few minutes later the best player ever shows up. He buys in with 40 bucks or so and posts 2 in front of the BB in seat 5. I'm not sure of the all the action but anyway the flop comes K 10 5 rainbow. Turn is a blank and the river is another K. Super donk bets out on the river and donk in seat 10 raises. Super donk cringes and calls. Seat 10 says "Three Kings" and turns over K6o. Superdonk groans and says "AWWW DAMMIT" as he turns over 1010 for the boat. Me and my buddy laugh as the dealer pushes him a $200+ pot. The few players that had a clue were rolling and the drunk lady is blabbing at the other end of the table, still about nothing. Three hands later Seat 5 turns to my buddy and says "Hey Man, can I ask you something? How did I win that hand earlier?" For the rest of the night he asks how much he can bet and if he can raise and "Did I Win?." Once he actually asked if he could raise after someone called his bet on the river.

A little while later I get KQo on the button. 2 or 3 limpers and I raise, limpers and superdonk in the BB calls. Flop comes J 7 3 rainbow. Everyones checks to me and I check. Turn is a 10. Superdonk bets out, old passive guy to my right calls and I call. River is a blank, I think it was a 5. Old guy to my right folds out of turn and goes to the bathroom. Superdonk sits for about 2 or 3 minutes pondering what to do. After the long thought process he open folds and the dealer pushes me the pot.

Later I get AA in the SB. 3 limpers and a TAG raises. I 3bet and 6 go to the flop. Flop comes J 10 3 rainbow. I bet and 4 call. Turn is 7 I bet donk in 5 calls and TAG raises. Me and donk both call. River is a 9. I check and donk bets. TAG calls and I make a crying call. TAG announces he has a set of Jacks as I thought and donk cringes and moans again as he turns over 108off. The dealer is about to push the pot to the set of Jacks when he realizes superdonk has a straight. He throws his hands in the air and says "THANK GOD, I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT!"

That hand crushed me, but it was really the only bad beat I took. I made about 140 or so in 4 hours. The 6/12 is usually good but tonight was really the little slice of poker heaven that Steamboatin always talked about.

On the way home we get stopped by a train and it was going about 3 mph. We proceed to honk and act like idiots while we wait of course. My friend jumps out of my car and runs to my friends car in front of us, jumps on the hood screaming at him. Finally, after 20 minutes it passes and the bars raise. A few cars go through and then as a semi goes through the bars come down on top of it. We had to drive in between them to get away.

I am now glad I decided to play some live poker tonight, multi-tabling could never be this much fun. I may have to start doing this once a week again. Next time I am wearing my Sup Bro shirt.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Crazy Caesars Indiana 6/12 Trip Report

Now I wish I had gone. Tuesday is my normal night to go play but I stayed home last night.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:41 PM

Was the room pretty crowded last night? I'm going to be down there next Tuesday and Wednesday and was wondering if it anywhere near as packed as it usually is on the weekends.

Also, did you happen to notice how many 10/20 games were running?
Old 12-14-2005, 05:48 PM

It was crowded when I left about 3 or 3:30. I think they still had at least 10 tables running. I think there was a 10/20 full kill still going. There was a 4/8 full kill going. I never seen them spread that before.