Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Why having a 1/45 BB stack is great

Because when you have 1/45 BB stack, espcially with no bubble considerations, you have the pot-odds to play any (yes any!) hand, and that is extremely profitable and very much +EV, and also does not require any kind of ability. You just play any hand and it's +EV, which is wonderful. I call it the "magical pink zone", too bad Harrington forgot to mention it in his book.

For instance: suppose you have 82o with a 18 BB stack in MP. In most common situations you'll fold it, since playing might very well be -EV. HOWEVER, when you're in the "magical pink zone" you can happily play 82o there and it will definitely be +EV. How wonderful is that?
Old 10-27-2005, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Why having a 1/45 BB stack is great

nh
Old 10-27-2005, 01:14 PM

lol. y. nh.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:20 PM

Exactly. I played a live MTT last weekend and I got knocked down to 200 chips when the blinds were 300/600 with a 75 ante. Before it got to me, there was a raise to 2400 and a reraise to 9600. I CALLED WITH Q7o! Both those other donks had AK and the flop came Q47. Check it out, I quintupled up and I would have had to pass that up if I had a bigger stack.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:03 PM

I always respect what you post about poker, but I lost a lot of respect for you as a person.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because when you have 1/45 BB stack, espcially with no bubble considerations, you have the pot-odds to play any (yes any!) hand, and that is extremely profitable and very much +EV, and also does not require any kind of ability. You just play any hand and it's +EV, which is wonderful. I call it the "magical pink zone", too bad Harrington forgot to mention it in his book.

For instance: suppose you have 82o with a 18 BB stack in MP. In most common situations you'll fold it, since playing might very well be -EV. HOWEVER, when you're in the "magical pink zone" you can happily play 82o there and it will definitely be +EV. How wonderful is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Post of the year.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always respect what you post about poker, but I lost a lot of respect for you as a person.

[/ QUOTE ]

?

I'm not insulted or anything, very far from it, but only curious as to why anyone would lose respect for me "as a person", and what kind of respect for me "as a person" you had before reading this particular post (since you had no idea of me "as a person" to begin with), a post that was meant to point out in a non-standard and maybe funny way one of the great fallacies in the theories posted around here lately?
Old 10-27-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a forum about winning at poker. Reading it, just by itself, has earned me many tens of thousands of dollars. If I want it to keep earning me money, I believe I have to keep the strategy discussion above RGP or pocketfives, and if that entails flaming bad posts until they stop, I am perfectly willing to do that.

Also, getting offended over a funny post on the Internet is dumb.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a post that successfully points out in a non-standard and really funny way one of the great fallacies in the theories posted around here lately

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 10-27-2005, 03:15 PM

lmao. Great post mantis
Closed Thread