Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 04-13-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Final table WSOP DS sat, 44 on the BB

It's 3-handed at the final table of a $150+10 double shootout sat to WSOP. 1st is a seat+$1000, and 2,3 get the $160 back.

UTG is OK, but has a tendency to call too much. SB is a very loose-aggressive, a smart and tough player. His usual raise in this stage is 3xbb, but I've seen him change this occasionally. I had a big stack but lost it in a couple of moves earlier. However, my image is probably that I'm tighter than both others, and I'm not making too many moves now (especially since I have lost my chip-lead). There's a long way until the blinds go up, and the hands go fast.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) converter

Hero (t3020)
Button (t1990)
SB (t8490)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t800</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...</font>

Any interesting thoughts?
Old 04-13-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Final table WSOP DS sat, 44 on the BB

I would push. If this was a normal ft, I would fold and wait for the button to get knocked out. However, you must go for first in this, and if he is a LAG, then any pocket pair heads up is very good. Fight back. Push.